Fury Platinum

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2015
There are many Florida Impact teams and they have beaten many of the Georgia teams. That was a pretty blanket statement you made.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
And its pretty blanketly correct. Your one exception does not make my statement of "most" untrue. Have beaten once vs beaten most of the time is also something to take into consideration. Again I'm talking about expansion teams as a group nation wide. Impact mentioned specifically only as one of a ton of big name organizations that has sold their name in expansion. I could throw out several impact teams that are barely B level to counter your Florida statement but again that's not the point. Rarely does an expansion live up to the original. The quality control is just not there. I hope that the team you mentioned keeps playing great softball.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Apr 26, 2019
I have an interesting Fury Platinum update for you. We played them just today! They were blah. So blah that when we sac bunted with college coaches watching their coach screamed at our team about the 'rules of bunting' in a showcase. When our coach replied that you have to play the game or you don't make bracket play, the Fury coach ran out, headbutted our coach, then pushed him to the ground.

AFTER ALL THAT, he was not ejected immediately. After things settled down, and they pitched a few more pitches our coach rightfully went back out and asked how a coach can assault another coach on the field during a live game, and we go on as nothing happened. The Fury coach was then quickly ejected.

Strange. I guess shell-shock can affect umps too. Not a good showing for Fury today.
If I were the coach who was assaulted I'd be having the other coach perp walked out of the park in handcuffs. In the middle of a game, or not, that is wholly unacceptable behavior. The aggressor could contemplate his poor decision in a cell over the weekend while he was waiting to see the judge on Monday (or perhaps Tuesday if the courts are closed for the holiday. )

Feb 1, 2021
If I were the coach who was assaulted I'd be having the other coach perp walked out of the park in handcuffs.

Strangely, when our HC came back out to talk to the umps the second time, he said the field ump admitted he was about to call the cops as it was happening. Yet even after he considered calling the fuzz, the coach stayed in the game for several more pitches. Like I said, I think everyone involved was in shock.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Strangely, when our HC came back out to talk to the umps the second time, he said the field ump admitted he was about to call the cops as it was happening. Yet even after he considered calling the fuzz, the coach stayed in the game for several more pitches. Like I said, I think everyone involved was in shock.

Never heard of the this "No Bunting" in a Showcase unwritten rule. There are lots of players that use bunting as well as some form of small ball as their bread and butter to get into college. This team you speak of must be a franchise of the Hittin' Kittens called the Furry Kittens.

Feb 1, 2021
Never heard of the this "No Bunting" in a Showcase unwritten rule. There are lots of players that use bunting as well as some form of small ball as their bread and butter to get into college. This team you speak of must be a franchise of the Hittin' Kittens called the Furry Kittens.

It's a silly concept. No doubt about it.

Dec 11, 2010
I think the no bunting in showcase is kind of old school and has gone by the wayside since most showcases have a bracket now. College coaches said they wanted to see players compete so the change has been ongoing.

When my dd’s started playing showcases, there was a lot we went to tha had no bracket and they didn’t always keep score. There were pretty much no rules of substitution but that was by coaches agreement I think. I enjoyed that style of softball, I thought it was low pressure.

The worst rear beating either of my dd’s teams took was in Colorado and it was a fury platinum team. We were a youngish 16u team and the previous year we had been out there and done well but we aged out a bunch of d1 players including a high level P5 pitcher and another hitter that is now in SEC. Still, our coach thought we were ready for anything. He bought a couple practice games and all we knew is one of them was a Fury team. Well…. It was a fury team that was 18u and they were all p5 commits. They won PGF the summer before. They were beating our brains out, hitting every third pitch otf when the the skies mercifully opened up- a crazy Rocky Mountain thunderstorm. We were never so glad to get rained/hailed out.

I have never seen their franchise teams. Whenever we played a fury P team they were always good and I’m sure part of original org.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2021
I think the no bunting in showcase is kind of old school and has gone by the wayside since most showcases have a bracket now. College coaches said they wanted to see players compete so the change has been ongoing.

When my dd’s started playing showcases, there was a lot we went to tha had no bracket and they didn’t always keep score. There were pretty much no rules of substitution but that was by coaches agreement I think. I enjoyed that style of softball, I thought it was low pressure.

The worst rear beating either of my dd’s teams took was in Colorado and it was a fury platinum team. We were a youngish 16u team and the previous year we had been out there and done well but we aged out a bunch of d1 players including a high level P5 pitcher and another hitter that is now in SEC. Still, our coach thought we were ready for anything. He bought a couple practice games and all we knew is one of them was a Fury team. Well…. It was a fury team that was 18u and they were all p5 commits. They won PGF the summer before. They were beating our brains out, hitting every third pitch otf when the the skies mercifully opened up- a crazy Rocky Mountain thunderstorm. We were never so glad to get rained/hailed out.

I have never seen their franchise teams. Whenever we played a fury P team they were always good and I’m sure part of original org.

If you want to know the story of Fury Platinum, look directly at the University of Tennessee. UT used to be great! They had all the Fury kids. Now UT is middle of the road. The decline of Fury as an org is a big reason why. The talent dried up and went elsewhere. In the meantime, lots of great new orgs have popped up.

Feb 15, 2017
I know Fury lost some Teams to Mojo and I heard it was the colleges that Mojo had ins with vesus Fury

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Sep 7, 2020
If you want to know the story of Fury Platinum, look directly at the University of Tennessee. UT used to be great! They had all the Fury kids. Now UT is middle of the road. The decline of Fury as an org is a big reason why. The talent dried up and went elsewhere. In the meantime, lots of great new orgs have popped up.
Maybe that is why they are pushing into the New England states.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA