Fury Platinum

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 23, 2015
I have an interesting Fury Platinum update for you. We played them just today! They were blah. So blah that when we sac bunted with college coaches watching their coach screamed at our team about the 'rules of bunting' in a showcase. When our coach replied that you have to play the game or you don't make bracket play, the Fury coach ran out, headbutted our coach, then pushed him to the ground.

AFTER ALL THAT, he was not ejected immediately. After things settled down, and they pitched a few more pitches our coach rightfully went back out and asked how a coach can assault another coach on the field during a live game, and we go on as nothing happened. The Fury coach was then quickly ejected.

Strange. I guess shell-shock can affect umps too. Not a good showing for Fury today.
Well fury is in their name...

Jun 20, 2015
one thing I have seen with these expansions of 'names' is very high Franchise fees. Just because a local team is now paying ~$4500 per year to be affiliated with "(insert name here)", does not make them a better team nor does it automatically get that team looked at by coaches.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
one thing I have seen with these expansions of 'names' is very high Franchise fees. Just because a local team is now paying ~$4500 per year to be affiliated with "(insert name here)", does not make them a better team nor does it automatically get that team looked at by coaches.
When folks start talking about cost to be part of a team.
Think that conversation would need more details to what the cost includes.
Examples:
Schedule of games/tournys
(and specifically which ones)
Hitting cages weekly
Speed and agility weekly
Fielding workouts weekly
*some can go as often as player wants.
How many uniforms?
How many on roster?

Really think it helps when people can understand the cost in a budget to help sort through $$$$$

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2015
When folks start talking about cost to be part of a team.
Think that conversation would need more details to what the cost includes.
Examples:
Schedule of games/tournys
(and specifically which ones)
Hitting cages weekly
Speed and agility weekly
Fielding workouts weekly
*some can go as often as player wants.
How many uniforms?
How many on roster?

Really think it helps when people can understand the cost in a budget to help sort through $$$$$

I hear you about all that. BUT when you start with say 15 girls and already owe $300 each and haven't paid for a single tourney, unnie, field, camp, etc. On a team that may just be a glorified C team..... that's the problem I keep seeing

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG