Fundraising

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

We always do the Worlds Finest chocolate bars. They are $1 a piece you keep 50 cents and there is a $2 coupon for the movies or pizza hut on it as well as your name and logo. If you can get a big box store to let you put up a table on a Saturday you can make $500 to $1000 depending on the crowd that day. You can also send them home with the kids and make them sell a some boxes on their own they can easily do 2 to 5 boxes ($30 profit per box). You can do this as a league or with TB (with TB kids get credit when they sell on their own).

Aug 10, 2010
If you have an Applebees near you, around here(PA) they do all you can eat pancake and sausage breakfast and you get everything above cost for the most part. Your team actually sets the price to sell tickets at. They provide cook and your team hosts and waitresses. Pretty neat. SAt and Sundays only. When our team did it, we also ran raffles and 50/50s.

Jan 10, 2013
Maryland
Since I'm starting to get feedback, I figured I would share what our team has done.

*We did a monthly Lottery Calendar (may not be legal in all states). Tickets were $5 each, you sell numbers 000-999 and they match up with the evening 3 digit lotto number each day in a particular month. Based on what day of the week the number hits figures how much the winner gets. If you sell all 1000 tickets you make like $1500. We sold around 650 tickets and made approx $1100.

*50/50 Raffels

*Car Washes

*Collecting donations at NFL football game. (May not be legal in all states) The Ravens allow teams to hit up tailgaters as long as they are not on lots owned by the Ravens. In just over an hour we made a few hundered dollars in donations. Best part, is you don't need the entire team to do this.

*Quarter Auction

Jan 10, 2013
Maryland
If you have an Applebees near you, around here(PA) they do all you can eat pancake and sausage breakfast and you get everything above cost for the most part. Your team actually sets the price to sell tickets at. They provide cook and your team hosts and waitresses. Pretty neat. SAt and Sundays only. When our team did it, we also ran raffles and 50/50s.

We do have Applebees that will do this around here, I just keep forgetting about it. Thanks for the reminder! :)

Jun 24, 2011
menomonee falls, wi
We have done CharityMania for 2 years now and love it. With only 3 teams in the club,
they raised around 4k last year. I would imagine the NFL is the easiest seller, but you
can probably do well with the others too.

Oct 22, 2012
I just took over a small HS team, and this past Saturday we did a clinic and a Hit-A-Thon with the girls on the same day. This school had never done any sort of 'fundraising' before, outside of selling candles once a year.

I only charged $20 for the clinic for elementary and middle school (cause it's all connected in the same building), and was surprised that we had 30 girls show up, which netted us $600, almost half of the team's budget when I took over in November.

The Hit-A-Thon is a HUGE moneymaker. First, not sure which age level you are doing, but let all the girls know that they have to meet a certain number (the program I took over hasn't had new uniforms in over 10 years, so I promised them unis if we could each meet this goal). There goal was over $200. They get 100 balls at the Hit-A-Thon, and they find people to sponsor money per ball hit (.25, .50 1.00, etc). On top of that, there was a sheet I sent with them saying that if they didn't want to do money per hit, a flat donation amount would be great. We had almost every girl get in excess of $200, which is fantastic. Also, the reason why I wanted to do the clinic and the Hit-A-Thon on the same day, was to give outsiders a chance to donate or sponsor a girl (we had one gentleman say that his company would donate for every ball a girl hit for the whole team, which is insane!)

I highly recommend the Hit-A-Thon if you can do it. In one day (the girls had 2 weeks to collect sponsors and donations) we pulled in over $2,500 for the H-A-T, and $600 for the clinic, roughly $3100! If you give them time and goals to achieve (set dollar amount, and let them know what they are doing it for; uniforms, equipment, helmets, etc.) then they will go all out!

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2009
Midwest
We are doing a spirit wear fundraiser. The company I work for does apparel printing and do these type of fundraisers, you can make anywhere from a couple of hundred on up. It depends on the size of your organization and how much your fans buy. I think we made around $600 dollars last year.

Here is the website: Mattoon Pride - Wave Graphics Inc

You pick from available items from a list to narrow it down to around 20 items. We can design the artwork and set up the site. The site takes the order, collects the money, delivers the items to one location pre-packaged by order and your organization gets a check.

Dec 22, 2012
We haven't done this with my team yet but have with my church youth group...

Some sonics will let you sell discount cards for $5. You keep 100%. Some even donate part of the profits during the time you work.

Other Sonics have allowed us to deliver the food to cars for tips.

Both of these have earned $500-1000 each time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom