Friday Check in is not dead... 7/8/16

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
We did not go to Chicago this year, but we fly out Sunday for 18U USSSA Nationals in Kansas City, MO. Anyone else headed there?

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
Sunday - Drive to San Diego and check into the hotel where we will spend the next week for TCS World Series.

I could think of a whole lot of worse places to spend a week. 29 Palms, Victorville, Palmdale...Good luck in SD.

DD in Shamong, NJ for the moved Stop DWI Tourney then off to St Louis, Chicago and Evanston to look at colleges.

Feb 20, 2015
illinois
Agreed! Those others aren't places I even enjoy driving through, let alone staying for any length of time.

Good luck!

YUCK!!!!!! Brings back memories. Spend three years at Ft Irwin back in the early 90's. Victorville was the closest mall, so DW would drag my butt up there some weekends.

Oct 15, 2013
Seattle, WA
DD1,12, plays in something called summer ball tonight, which is Seattle area high school teams vs our select organization which throws out random mostly 12-14 year olds. Tonight is the championship and we're worried about winning (it would be 2 out of the last 3) lest we not be invited back again. She then plays a USSSA 12U tournament in Fife which is just north of Tacoma.

DD2, 10, has Little League All Stars tonight. LL is becoming such a pain, I don't know if we'll do it again next year.

Feb 4, 2015
Olathe, KS
We did not go to Chicago this year, but we fly out Sunday for 18U USSSA Nationals in Kansas City, MO. Anyone else headed there?

Are you coming out for the USSSA/USA Elite World Championship or the Nationals? The USA WC start on the 11th and the Nationals in KC do not start until the 20th.

Sep 18, 2011
Demarini showcase near Chicago and then directly to Kansas City for some type of tournament there.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Another tournament/college showcase this weekend. We have a full team again so it should be business as usual other than our starting SS, who replaced our former starter at that position, is out for the rest of the season. Last weekend, she caught a line drive with her bare hand and the stitches on the ball grabbed the skin in between the middle finger and her ring finger ripping the skin between the two. Since she is working on a college tennis scholarship, that will also be her last game for our TB team. There was a lot of crying done by all as she left the field to get in the car for the trip to the hospital. She ended up with 3 stitches. I wish her all the best and hopefully, huge success in getting recruited for tennis. She will be sorely missed and remembered fondly by the entire team and coaches. As a side note, she drove an hour and half the following day to cheer the team on along with our other SS who had to have shoulder surgery on her throwing arm this past Spring. The shoulder surgery player shifted left handed since she's still in a sling while the hand injury player drove. I could just imagine the conversations in the car between the two as this happened...lol.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes