Friday ALL DAY Check in 3/24/17

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
DD1 has a HS game that has been moved up to 4pm today in anticipation of weather moving in. DD2 has a vball game tomorrow. Thinking about replacing my Hubs/Rotors on my F150. 178K miles! I might have a date with a bottle of Weller's.

Jun 11, 2012
HS Jamboree tomorrow, all games are 4 innings. Should be interesting, they haven't been on the field much because of the weather this week.

Sep 6, 2015
RAIN!!! DD was supposed to pitch varsity game tonight and it was rained out. Supposed to rain tonight and all day tomorrow. Now I will have to watch college softball and some March Madness.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
DD 3 has her very first HS game scheduled for Thursday. (Weather is iffy).
Technically it is an away game, but at their home field. They share the diamonds with another HS, but the diamonds are a short stroll from their field house, while the host school has to drive for a ways to get there.
DD 3 is a freshman, and last I heard was slated to be the starting pitcher for JV.
The local Little League feeds into both of these two high schools, so DD 3 will be competing against girls she played against in LL ball a few years back.
DD 3's school is favored. For one thing, the other school tends to put all of their good players on Varsity, while DD 3's school will keep some good pitchers and catchers down in JV to give them more practice. The two pitchers and the catcher on DD 3's team should be the best hitters on either team, and better than some of the girls playing over in the Varsity game.
For another thing, for the past few years, just the way things have turned out, the better players from that LL have tended to be in DD 3's HS rather than the other one.

Friday they travel to a town close to Milwaukee, to face the JV team for a fairly tough HS. DD 3 played against a club from that city last summer, and the game was very close. We are hoping that will be a good game, win or lose.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish