Follow through

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 12, 2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AalwqcxtbiI

Yeah she doesnt do it...... right. Why would she teach something different than she does?

She does it on those throws but not on her max effort throws, and there's a very important reason why.

JennieFinch_3B_300FPS_001.gif

What you see are very basic, and very efficient, momentum transfer mechanics.

Notice how her PAS elbow comes to a stop at her PAS hip right before the release point (Frame 62 and Frame 63), which also contradicts something she says.

However, I don't know if I'd teach these exact mechanics to a girl who's under 15 or so because they have to put a huge load on the PAS arm and, over time, would probably overload the growth plate at the top of the PAS arm.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2010
I guess Jennie Finch doesnt know how to pitch then. She calls it the "hello elbow". But why listen to her?

Jenny Finch does not actually do what she teaches. She's a great athlete, but her style of instruction is centered around "keeping things safe for young girls" and has little to do with elite level pitching. I'm not even so sure what she teaches is so safe, but then again what do I know.

-W

May 4, 2009
Baltimore
Jennie Finch is a very good pitcher. As was stated, just because she says something doesn't mean she does it. There is a lot of misinformation that circulates about pitching and even the best can get caught up in it. We must also remember that everything she does is not necessarily optimal with regards to mechanics. But she is well over 6 feet tall and can get away with things that someone's 5 foot 5 inch daughter can't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matt_g