Flamethrower and the other 8

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
Have a pitcher on our team who is in the top percentile. No hitters are frequent. If your DD was on this team , would she continue? Point being, maybe your DD is the best ss around, but nothing is hit to her with this phenom. The bats are are good, but if you only need one run, there is nothing speciial. Wondering if I should move on.

My DD would continue but I would be telling the coach we need to play better competition.

May 7, 2008
Morris County, NJ
Playing up is nice but there is a big jump from 12U this year to 14U next year.

In 14U things begin to even out. The high school girls come back to play on their club teams once their season is over. If they are varsity girls, they'll be used to seeing the velocity from a 13 y/o pitcher, so may more balls will be put in play.

JMHO & YMMV

Best of luck to you.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
If this pitcher is as good as you say, she won't be on this team next year. If her parents are smart they will want her to be challenged and if the coach isn't going to create a challenging situation for her, her parents will.

Nov 29, 2009
I have an average 14U team. This spring and summer we played the two top 12U teams in our area. They both had a "flamethrower" for a pitcher. The first one we played we beat them by 8 runs and were poised to score more when time ran out. The second one we played twice beating them 6 - 5 and then run ruled them 12 - 2.

The point is. At 14U there are a lot of things that change. The pitchers are moved back to 43'. The girls are much more physically mature. The hitters are smarter and stronger. There is no blowing it by the hitters consistently at 14U. The number of strikeouts drops at that age level.

If this girl is as dominating as you say she should do well at 14U but I would expect her to need a lot of help from her defense.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA