Fixing a Segmented Swing and a flat lead elbow...?'s

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 16, 2015
South East
I am saying that if the lead side is not pulling then you need to work on the lead side pulling.

If you work with enough kids you'll see that what is recruited for some kids, is not recruited for others.

Many don't even realize that they are pulling until you bring it to their attention. Many don't understand that the 'lead side pull' plays a major roll in the 'direction' of the 'throw'. Many don't get that there is a marriage between the 'lead side pulling' action and the orbiting of the barrel. Many can learn this and become quite productive hitters.

I understand..... I only try to help one kid DD, which I guess never really had this issue. I know that athleticism ranges for person to person. I guess my DD is fortunate enough to naturally do that. Now if my DS would have any interest in baseball I am sure he would have to learn that or be shown how to accomplish it. DD is very athletic while DS can barely jog without tripping over his own feet.

Mar 2, 2018
Forgot to mention Im wondering do you also throw different pitches with a softball? I mean like changeups or curveball or drops and rises?

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2018
So no answer?

Your answer would give some insight into why you think some of the things you say. Thats why Im asking.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2018
Teacherman says you have to swing a bat on your own if youre ever going to learn this stuff. It helps me immensely when I swing and get the feeling that is talked about on here. I dont think many people do swing on here though

Mar 2, 2018
Tewkser thats exactly what Im getting at. I hear some comments that make me wonder how someone can say such things. One is that the hands should fire before the hips. Where do you think this comes from? I mean anyone who swings a bat and pitches knows that cant happen against good pitching. Bad pitching you can get away with most any kind of swinging a bat. But a good pitcher will be like they looking at little red riding hood. And the pitcher is the big bad wolf.

Oct 2, 2015
Gibraltor, you've been on this board less than one month and nearly every post of yours is a Troll post.

Enough...we get it...

Gibraltor, are you and Tewkserman the same person?

Mar 9, 2018
slugger im not sure what your agenda is...i am here to seek info to help my DD...I mainly use tewks and teacherman but this site is golden...ive never met gibraltar before seeing him on this site

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles