First Base Mitt ideas ?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 30, 2018
Have searched thru threads for ideas and looked at usual websites to see what's out there. Not in an immediate need, just doing the research. DD is playing JR high and seems to practicing a lot at first. Not going to sink a ton into a glove, but is it worth having a First base mitt if it becomes a regular thing?? Anything decent for under $100 or would you just use regular 12" glove and not even worry about it.

Thanks.

Aug 18, 2018
My DD uses this mizuno. Works well for her as she started playing more 1b lately.

There's also the marucci that they have on sale for 130 on their site. I also have one of those but it's not yet DD glove

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Does she by chance play any outfield? The Vinci RV1961 is a great dual role glove for 1B and OF!

Those two positions seem to go hand in hand very often.

Nov 18, 2015
I think the Louisville Xeno’s are in the $100 range. They seem almost too soft for me (easy break-in?) but one girl on the team uses it, and a HS Sr, who will be playing 1B in college next year, also uses one. So it would probably fit your need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 30, 2018
Does she by chance play any outfield? The Vinci RV1961 is a great dual role glove for 1B and OF!

Those two positions seem to go hand in hand very often.

Its early. I'm thinking P#2 or 3, doubt she will get out of the infield currently. Of course I told her if the coaches asked where she plays the correct answer was anywhere you need me and I also am learning to pitch.

Mar 6, 2016
I was looking for the same and saw this. Haven't pulled trigger yet. My 12yr old DD is C and 1B and OF and lefty. But 13 inch just seems gigantic for her small hands.

Apr 28, 2019
Have searched thru threads for ideas and looked at usual websites to see what's out there. Not in an immediate need, just doing the research. DD is playing JR high and seems to practicing a lot at first. Not going to sink a ton into a glove, but is it worth having a First base mitt if it becomes a regular thing?? Anything decent for under $100 or would you just use regular 12" glove and not even worry about it.

Thanks.
I would stay away from Slugger gloves for 14 and over. They lack the padding of other quality gloves. Fine for younger girls.
The Mizuno MVP suggested, a Liberty Advanced, Vinci, HOH, or A2000 are good choices. Like other poster mentioned Marucci are good gloves if you can get past the colors.
Whichever glove listed above you can get for the best deal is what I would go with.

Nov 18, 2015
Adding to my original - yes, 13” does seem really big, especially for younger ages.

My non-travel oldest has been using her Mizuno 12.5” at the HS rec/all star level to play 1B, and has yet to say “Dad, I need a real 1B mitt”. So yes - I imagine a 12” would be fine. Should have mentioned that in my first post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 4, 2018
I was looking for the same and saw this. Haven't pulled trigger yet. My 12yr old DD is C and 1B and OF and lefty. But 13 inch just seems gigantic for her small hands.

Just got a 1B glove for my little 11 year old DD. Went 13". I joke that she looks like a lobster with it on, but it's working great.

We went with the Liberty Advanced. It's not the best I could have bought, but well above-average. It was a deal and she doesn't play 1B a ton.

Nov 15, 2019
Have searched thru threads for ideas and looked at usual websites to see what's out there. Not in an immediate need, just doing the research. DD is playing JR high and seems to practicing a lot at first. Not going to sink a ton into a glove, but is it worth having a First base mitt if it becomes a regular thing?? Anything decent for under $100 or would you just use regular 12" glove and not even

Thanks.
Curious how you made out. I’m in the same situation. Did you buy glove , did she just use existing glove etc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish