Fiesta Friday Check in 10/23/15

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
DD's HS team made the AAAAAA state finals, so they are practicing Saturday getting ready for a double elimination tournament next Thur-Sat. Sunday is the first practice for her new TB team. We will go, but not sure how much she will participate since she is still playing HS ball and if she got hurt at TB practice her HS coach may burn our house down....

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Remember it's a "friendly" :)

We will kick their @$$ very kindly.

The back story is that we played against them a few months back while our team was still playing 10U. We fell all over ourselves and handed them an easy win. We struggled to make short throws and catches on simple plays, and kicked the ball all over the place. I don't want to put all the blame on being unfamiliar with a 12" ball, but something was definitely off for our girls. Having adapted to the 12U size and distance, I feel pretty confident that we can give them a good game, at least.

Jul 25, 2015
DD has a 4GG that looks like it has attracted some of the better talent in the region... Kind of odd for a fall tournament here but I hope to take in some good, competitive softball this weekend... Will be glad to be back with DD's team for the weekend...

She picked up last weekend, played 7 games with a B- team for the mound time and while it is hard to call 7 games of softball torturous, it was... The competition was absolutely horrible... DD was 13/17 with 9 extra base hits, OBP+E 1.00 (walked once, on base with errors 3 times), and pitched 10 innings giving up 2 hits, 1 walk, and 0 runs... We both rode home feeling like little had been accomplished other than some live pitching and hitting practice...

Mar 18, 2014
Georgia
ACT test Saturday for DD and Sunday first practice with new Travel team mostly observing since like JAD we do not want any injuries before the Elite 8 state finals That start Thursday.

Sep 18, 2011
#10's Dad and JAD - first of all congratulations and good luck!! Will there be any live streaming for the GA state tournament? If so, could you share a link?

Feb 7, 2013
We will kick their @$$ very kindly.

The back story is that we played against them a few months back while our team was still playing 10U. We fell all over ourselves and handed them an easy win. We struggled to make short throws and catches on simple plays, and kicked the ball all over the place. I don't want to put all the blame on being unfamiliar with a 12" ball, but something was definitely off for our girls. Having adapted to the 12U size and distance, I feel pretty confident that we can give them a good game, at least.

I hear yah. A few weeks back DD's team played one of their sister teams and due to time constraints we (home team) never got our last at bats and lost by 1 run. I was thinking no big deal (heck its a scrimmage) but one father pointed out that at school the next day, the winning girls would certainly rub it in and boast about the win. 13YOs can be a little cruel that way...I forgot for a moment what its like to be in middle school...

Jun 7, 2013
Oldest DD taking ACT on Saturday then going to her mother's. Dad just being a bum: Playing cards with the guys, etc. and so on!

Mar 18, 2014
Georgia
#10's Dad and JAD - first of all congratulations and good luck!! Will there be any live streaming for the GA state tournament? If so, could you share a link?
Thanks. NFHS network streams a lot of high school games. I know the 6A championship game with Barnhill was streamed last year and some school stream there game on that site.

Mar 18, 2014
Georgia
DD is also playing in O'Fallon, IL at the Demarini Showase. Second to last tourney of the year (they will also play Surf City next month).

Interesting note about DD's team. Last week the catcher, a 2018 grad, coming off a three homer in consecutive at bats performance in Indianapolis two weeks ago, verbally committed to a D1 school (Big 10), making her the 9th D1 commit on the roster. That roster was 13 deep at the time, but we JUST added a 4th pitcher, so the roster is now 14. Anyway, I know you folks from CA or GA are quite used to travel ball rosters where nearly all of the players are committed to D1 schools, but here in MN, it is HIGHLY unusual. Perhaps even unprecedented.

Congrats!
I'm not sure it's that common in Ga. We had 8 on our 16u team last year. DD changed teams this year and there are 14 players and 14 D-1 commits. 7-SEC 4-ACC 1-Sun Belt 1-Big 10 and 1-Southern Conference. The girls are 2018 - 2016 grad years. I'm excited to see how the summer goes. We will only play one fall tournament that being the Scenic City. Hopefully we will get to see you guys some this summer.

Jul 25, 2011
Southern Illinois
We are headed to Crown Point, Indiana to play in our first PGF tournament, Rock the Awareness. Until now we have mostly played in tournaments within a couple hours of Southern Illinois. Like someone here recently told me, being good in Southern Illinois isn't the same as being good in the big metro areas. So we'll see where we stack up.
I'm super excited. Hope I still feel that way after this weekend!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00