Fiesta Friday Check in 10/23/15

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Because softball is not a widely supported sport on our side of the state - just rec teams that travel. So if we want DD to be on a competitive TRAVEL BALL team, we have to either join a team 3.25 hours south in a neighboring state or 4 hours west to the other side of my state. It is what it is. DD was invited to try out and made a great team - so we travel every weekend to practice. She is a dedicated player and we are committed to doing everything we can to make her dreams come true. Long drive though...

Jenna Lilly (freshman starting 3B at Oregon, and JWNT member) has a similar story. Her parents drove her multiple hours each way to practice every week so she could play with high-level travel team.

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
Jenna Lilly (freshman starting 3B at Oregon, and JWNT member) has a similar story. Her parents drove her multiple hours each way to practice every week so she could play with high-level travel team.

I talk to one coach of a travel team. He has a player that drives from Burbank to temecula one day during the week for practice. Then on weekend too

Apr 14, 2011
DD is also playing in O'Fallon, IL at the Demarini Showase. Second to last tourney of the year (they will also play Surf City next month).

Interesting note about DD's team. Last week the catcher, a 2018 grad, coming off a three homer in consecutive at bats performance in Indianapolis two weeks ago, verbally committed to a D1 school (Big 10), making her the 9th D1 commit on the roster. That roster was 13 deep at the time, but we JUST added a 4th pitcher, so the roster is now 14. Anyway, I know you folks from CA or GA are quite used to travel ball rosters where nearly all of the players are committed to D1 schools, but here in MN, it is HIGHLY unusual. Perhaps even unprecedented.

HA! My DD's team played your team this weekend! We didn't do very well against you. I think that 2018 catcher took our pitcher deep as well! Very good team you have there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clawdog