Fiesta Friday Check in 10/23/15

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
Just our normal 500+ mile round trip for practice Sunday. So Saturday will be spent doing laundry, cleaning and running errands. We did get to spend a couple of hours with the DD having dinner out tonight for her 17th birthday before she ditched us for an evening out with her friends. Don't know where the time has gone...

Oct 12, 2015
All Over I Coach TB
1st weekend home in the last 6. Mainly due to homecoming. Sitting here on DFP waiting for DD to come home from the game and dance now. Got a list a mile long to do this weekend before we hit the trail again for the next 3 weeks.

Gotta work if we wanna go play next week. I am sure we will sneak in a catchers workout, some infield, and an hour at the indoor facility. OK, basically a full practice.

Apr 28, 2014
Took the Championship today!
Girls Played great. DD was a single short of the cycle in game 1. They internsionally walked her a three trips in game two.
Game three she pitched... Not her best stuff but the defense came up big. They won 11-1 to take the trophy in their first tournament as a new team!

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
Just our normal 500+ mile round trip for practice Sunday. So Saturday will be spent doing laundry, cleaning and running errands. We did get to spend a couple of hours with the DD having dinner out tonight for her 17th birthday before she ditched us for an evening out with her friends. Don't know where the time has gone...

Why do you drive 500 miles? That's insane!

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
#10's Dad and JAD - first of all congratulations and good luck!! Will there be any live streaming for the GA state tournament? If so, could you share a link?

I have not seen any info for live streaming, but I did hear the championship game was available online last year. I will keep checking and let you know if I come up with anything. I will also text you a link for our iScore account in case you want to follow along.

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
Why do you drive 500 miles? That's insane!

Because softball is not a widely supported sport on our side of the state - just rec teams that travel. So if we want DD to be on a competitive TRAVEL BALL team, we have to either join a team 3.25 hours south in a neighboring state or 4 hours west to the other side of my state. It is what it is. DD was invited to try out and made a great team - so we travel every weekend to practice. She is a dedicated player and we are committed to doing everything we can to make her dreams come true. Long drive though...

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
Because softball is not a widely supported sport on our side of the state - just rec teams that travel. So if we want DD to be on a competitive TRAVEL BALL team, we have to either join a team 3.25 hours south in a neighboring state or 4 hours west to the other side of my state. It is what it is. DD was invited to try out and made a great team - so we travel every weekend to practice. She is a dedicated player and we are committed to doing everything we can to make her dreams come true. Long drive though...

I get the dedication . The drive is insane for sure. Maybe were just spoiled over here.....

Have you considered moving ??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaraLynn0207