Fence distance.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

collinspc

Softball Dad
Apr 23, 2014
Pittsburgh PA
Short fields like that play with my DD. She has only hit one out on a short down the line field, if she would just use her swing she could pop fly balls over all day long, but she tries to hard and has little success.

Dec 15, 2018
CT
I would rather have fences like that than the no-fence fields we've been playing on where hard ground balls become HRs.

Yeah, there's a venue near us with one field that not only has no fence, but the outfield slopes down - to the point where from home plate you can't see the outfielders' shins. Just hit it hard girls...

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
Yeah, there's a venue near us with one field that not only has no fence, but the outfield slopes down - to the point where from home plate you can't see the outfielders' shins. Just hit it hard girls...
You're not from the Rockford, IL area are you? There is a field there where my younger daughter hit the only home run of her career (I think). Shot it down the right field line where there was a major slope and let momentum do the rest.

Dec 15, 2018
CT
You're not from the Rockford, IL area are you? There is a field there where my younger daughter hit the only home run of her career (I think). Shot it down the right field line where there was a major slope and let momentum do the rest.

No, this one's in Bridgeport CT. Good to know there's crazy fields everywhere though...

Aug 24, 2018
DD played in a sports dome this past weekend and just about everything was in play. Off the ceiling, off the walls, all were live balls. The Ump was expected to determine if the ball hit the ceiling in fair or foul territory. Reminded me of grade school kick ball in the gym.

Oct 14, 2020
DD played in a sports dome this past weekend and just about everything was in play. Off the ceiling, off the walls, all were live balls. The Ump was expected to determine if the ball hit the ceiling in fair or foul territory. Reminded me of grade school kick ball in the gym.

Were you in the Dells too?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi