Feedback on 10U swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
One thing that i noticed is she seems to be for forcably turning the back leg in the right hip socket but it has little effect on her hip turn and movement. Let me explain.

There are at least two camps on the role of the back leg. One is the leg drives the hips forward. The other theory is that the turning of the back leg happens naturally and is a non teach, as the hips move forward and rotate so does the leg turn.

Your daughter seems to be doing neither, meaning it looks like she has been told to squish the bug or pivot on her foot but it isn't contributing much to the lower body action (they are not in synch with each other).

Fyi, my DD was taught to push off the inside of her big toe on her back foot to drive her right hip forward as she strides. Hope that helps? BTW, I like your DDs swing.

I agree that the rear leg action here isn't what it should be.

Jan 7, 2013
She sure does not look to be driving that back leg much in either clip. She's typically really strong there. Outdoors on dirt she drags the toe quite a bit, and even played with bringing the back toe off the ground for a bit. It's definitely something she's conscious of, but evidently something that needs to be re-addressed.

We've spent much of the winter with an over/under training regimen with bulk swings trying to get ready for an increase in bat weight this spring. My prime directive here was not to compromise mechanics... looks like we've got to get tuned back up!

thanks again for the input.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi