Swing Critique? 10u

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 12, 2020
Hi all!

I'm new 'round here, but was wondering if anyone would be interested in analyzing a swing? I haven't contributed much (nothing), so I don't want to withdraw too much too soon, but there is so much well thought discussion here, I just have to ask.

DD turned 10 this month, and will be starting her 2nd year of 10u ball next month. We always break hard for soccer and basketball, but a few weeks ago decided to get a jump on her swing before practice begins next month.

Am I at the right place? If so, is YouTube the only avenue to post? Maybe Google drive?

Thanks for your time!

Dec 12, 2020
Thanks Pattar, Bonesaw.

Youtube unlisted it is; link is below!

She is 4'7" 65lbs. Most of the video she is swinging a Dudley Lightning 29/16, the final three swings an old Demarini CF5 31/20. She has swung the Dudley for the last 1.5 years, wondering if she should size up.

All I have atm is the tee video, we'll begin some soft toss over the weekend into next week, maybe I can update the thread then.

Again, I really appreciate your time!

Dec 12, 2020
"Dad, guess this song." That is the little brother, and that was maybe the 85th time he said it, just to be followed by "drum" beats on the floor. Good times.

Thanks for the reply. We have been working on maintaining balance after the swing, with a 1 or 2 second hold. Definitely not evident there! I know I've watched that charismatic guy before, but I'll watch the video again...thank you.

Feb 25, 2020
Thanks Pattar, Bonesaw.

Youtube unlisted it is; link is below!

She is 4'7" 65lbs. Most of the video she is swinging a Dudley Lightning 29/16, the final three swings an old Demarini CF5 31/20. She has swung the Dudley for the last 1.5 years, wondering if she should size up.

All I have atm is the tee video, we'll begin some soft toss over the weekend into next week, maybe I can update the thread then.

Again, I really appreciate your time!

Wow! Nice setup and player. My advice is get a tanner short tee. I wish i would have. I still might get one.

For swing advice...I think the bonds drill + practice/on deck swings like this are the best. Need to keep the Bonds drill feel with these practice swings though. No loop zone. Not for everyone at this age but I think she could definitely do it. Smaller tee is necessary imo.

Take a swing like that and then just hit ball(0 degree launch line drive off tee).

Also stay with a 29 bat (from other thread)I think. Maybe go heavier but that bat seems appropriate. Dont want to hamstring players with inappropriate tools.

Dec 12, 2020
Wow! Nice setup and player. My advice is get a tanner short tee. I wish i would have. I still might get one.

For swing advice...I think the bonds drill + practice/on deck swings like this are the best. Need to keep the Bonds drill feel with these practice swings though. No loop zone. Not for everyone at this age but I think she could definitely do it. Smaller tee is necessary imo.

Take a swing like that and then just hit ball(0 degree launch line drive off tee).

Also stay with a 29 bat (from other thread)I think. Maybe go heavier but that bat seems appropriate. Dont want to hamstring players with inappropriate tools.
Thank you! She works hard, and has a great mind! Very coachable, unless it's from me.

The short tee, something like this?
Amazon product ASIN B00MNIA3XG
Why the low Bonds drill? That is something we have never done, looks real interesting.

I think we may stay with the 29, but add an oz or 2. Thanks for tossing that in too!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812