Fauci Says there is a way sports (ie Professional Sports) can resume this summer.... this does not sound good for softball to return before fall...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 2, 2017
Multiplying a number by anything above 1 can not equal a lesser number ;)

I get that, but this is a percentage or fraction LOL, Sorry to derail this topic,

If I can't do this, Lord help me with teaching my DD how to swing a BAT 🤦‍♂️

Either way Flu 2017-2018=.0136, Covid-19 = .050 again more testing was done with flu.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
I get that, but this is a percentage or fraction LOL, Sorry to derail this topic,

If I can't do this, Lord help me with teaching my DD how to swing a BAT 🤦‍♂️

Either way Flu 2017-2018=.0136, Covid-19 = .050 again more testing was done with flu.
If you just go by the reported numbers at the moment (which again could be skewed in general and would differ for regions..but the same could perhaps, to a lesser extent and for different reasons, be said for the flu) in the US there are 1,013,290 known cases of COVID and 57043 deaths. That is a CFR of 5.6% vs. 0.136% for 2017-2018 flu. That number will go down for COVID as more tests are administered both to see if someone is infected or was infected.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2017
Sweet baby Jesus, this is a softball forum. If I wanted to be confused by math I would try and help my son do his calculus.

Back to softball, I received an email last night from a tournament director that runs a lot of USSSA tournies in Kentucky, Southern Illinois, Missouri. With Missouri opening May 4th, they took existing tournaments scheduled in May for southern IL and flipped them to new locations on the other side of the Mississippi River in Missouri.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
If you just go by the reported numbers at the moment (which again could be skewed in general and would differ for regions..but the same could perhaps, to a lesser extent and for different reasons, be said for the flu
in the US there are 1,013,290 known cases of COVID and 57043 deaths. That is a CFR of 5.6% vs. 0.136% for 2017-2018 flu. That number will go down for COVID as more tests are administered both to see if someone is infected or was infected.
Not at you pattar...
Just general comment
To add.....

"In the US there are 1,013,290 known cases of covid"
Is NOT CORRECT !!!

We now know there are 100,000's more !!!

Said this weeks ago,
Even with ability doing math correctly using the wrong numbers will get a wrong answer!

"Numbers at the moment that could be skewed"
IS CORRECT !!!

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
"In the US there are 1,013,290 known cases of covid"
Is NOT CORRECT !!!
We now know there are 100,000's more !!!
So what are the number of reported cases? I was just using the numbers reported, if you have a better
number do give it..Or we can make up a number..how about 2 billion? I was just correcting the stated CFR given by @clemenslee1 using the reported numbers while giving the caveat that they will go down (maybe almost an order of magnitude)

Said this weeks ago,
Even with ability doing math correctly using the wrong numbers will get a wrong answer!
No shi*? Wow thanks... ;)

"Numbers at the moment that could be skewed"
IS CORRECT !!!
Thanks. BTW, do you think everybody who gets the flu gets tested for it???

Edit: Also the flu number was for the whole world and I was using just US cases for the Covid number. If you actually take the numbers for the world, the CFR is closer to 7%

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2017
Because, obviously, COVID19 can't swim.

Everyone knows that...

Raises a lot of questions, even for "local" tournaments. Not allowed on May 9th in Bethalto, IL, so moved to Farmington, MO (about 90 miles away). My guess is will be a lot of the same teams at either location?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simonet