Fauci Says there is a way sports (ie Professional Sports) can resume this summer.... this does not sound good for softball to return before fall...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 28, 2014
I guess that is one way to look at it... Like you said, it's complex. There is a risk of catching the virus. If you catch it, there is a risk of dying. Your total risk in the population would be a combination of the two. The discussion with Texas was whether the risk of dying (if you are under 60 with no underlying conditions) after infection was same as driving in the US.

The point of the lock down, so we don't have 3.8 Million deaths.

And just for clarity for those that didn't read entire thread... The 1 in 111 (Not my number, .0089 provided by Texasheat) is risk of dying if you are under 60, with no underlying conditions. If we include the more vulnerable older population, the numbers would be worse.
Sigh.......

0.0089% is not 1 in 111.
1 in 111 = 0.9%
That is what I am talking about when I say you are making up numbers. I am bowing out of this discussion.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
:) Lol atleast we know how all the reported graph numbers got screwed up and discombobulated.....MATH

Jun 8, 2016
Then how do you come to the 61000 with .136 Math has never been my strong suit LOL
If you want to get the 61000 back from the 45000000 you have to use the fraction and not the percent. The percent is just another way of representing a fraction...

Talk about going off on a tangent (math pun intended) :p That said, I am stuck reading the world's most boring dissertation after I was put on the committee after a faculty member retired so explaining fractions and decimals is actually more interested than reading about bridge abutments (stupid Civil Engineers..)
gmOihaX.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish