Fauci Says there is a way sports (ie Professional Sports) can resume this summer.... this does not sound good for softball to return before fall...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 10, 2020
No, of course not. Covid19 is mainly transmitted through air droplets.

At a resort, most people stop skiing around 4pm or 5pm, then they hang out in a hot tub, go out to eat, and then to a bar.

Ski resort hot tubs are communal--much more so than hot tubs at the gym. You have a lot of people in close proximity. Due to the temperature of the hot tub, most are breathing deeper than usual. I can't blame them...an outdoor hotub in the winter is fantastic. View attachment 17320

After the hot tubs, people get dressed up and go out to eat and then for drinks The restaurants are full, and people are close together again.

A perfect environment for Covid19 transmission through exhaled water droplets.
The epicenter is a hot tub in Colorado someone call the National Enquirer

ian

Jun 11, 2015
No, of course not. Covid19 is mainly transmitted through air droplets.

At a resort, most people stop skiing around 4pm or 5pm, then they hang out in a hot tub, go out to eat, and then to a bar.

Ski resort hot tubs are communal--much more so than hot tubs at the gym. You have a lot of people in close proximity. Due to the temperature of the hot tub, most are breathing deeper than usual. I can't blame them...an outdoor hotub in the winter is fantastic. View attachment 17320

After the hot tubs, people get dressed up and go out to eat and then for drinks The restaurants are full, and people are close together again.

A perfect environment for Covid19 transmission through exhaled water droplets.
Chlorine gassing off the water will kill more of the virus than if the people were standing in line at Costco and working in an office building. Chlorine laden air kills the virus. The droplets of chlorinated water and the droplets of Chirona breath attach to each other and fall out of the air. Just like when I was a life guard and the kids would rub my wet legs and the hairs ..... wait that wasn't me I heard that story from a crazy person. My point is chlorinated air is the perfect environment to stop the transmission.

Restaurants, sure. There are restaurants in every state. I bet CO had access to early testing and that's why you see high numbers of positive results.

Last edited:

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Sounds like the same logic some are using to state that voting booths will be unsafe in november... If I can be around 100+ people at home depot in not concerned about 20 at my local voting booth.

Here here. Americans can not let our vote be suppressed through changing the way we collect votes or putting off the election.

May 16, 2016
Are you sure? The statistics on this are so skewed it isn't even funny. No one knows the true number of cases nor the true mortality rate.

On this we agree. We really don't know. The case fatality rate may be far higher than we think...

In New York City, the mortality rate is 20,800 higher than the 5 year average in March, yet only 16,700 have been officially attributed to Covid 19. Covid 19 is the likely cause, meaning the case fatality rate could be 25% higher than reported. This same pattern has been found in countries across the globe.

1588208642364.png

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Again, this is a forum for softball.

We've tried to be flexible, but these Covid19 discussions are too difficult to moderate.

So, no more Covid19 discussions unless directly related to softball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478