Fauci Says there is a way sports (ie Professional Sports) can resume this summer.... this does not sound good for softball to return before fall...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 16, 2016
“There’s a way of doing that,” Fauci told Snapchat’s Peter Hamby on Wednesday in one interview of a week-long series. “Nobody comes to the stadium. Put them (athletes) in big hotels, wherever you want to play. Keep them very well surveilled ... and have them tested like every week and make sure they don’t wind up infecting each other or their family and just let them play the season out.”

Feb 20, 2020
He'd softening every day, either from pressure or new data. Two weeks ago he was talking a summer shutdown of everything. Now we're talking a slow reopening.

We've been at this a month. In another two weeks -- especially if New York numbers keep declining -- the national conversation will be almost unanimous for a state by state reopening starting in late April or early May. Everything will be reopen by mid June. People will do their own distancing and certain things like buffets will still be verboten, but the public tide is turning, and the swell will only increase as news gets better out of New York.

Apr 1, 2017
I would definitely watch baseball on TV. Would miss going to games though.

My bigger picture worry, is that it seems like things have quickly gone from "flatten the curve so hospitals don't get overrun", to "stay inside so nobody dies". People will continue to get sick and die, but in the "big picture", 20% of the people on unemployment isn't going to work either. Hopefully people smarter than me are figuring out where the balance is.

Jun 8, 2016
I would definitely watch baseball on TV. Would miss going to games though.

My bigger picture worry, is that it seems like things have quickly gone from "flatten the curve so hospitals don't get overrun", to "stay inside so nobody dies". People will continue to get sick and die, but in the "big picture", 20% of the people on unemployment isn't going to work either. Hopefully people smarter than me are figuring out where the balance is.
The markets and the economy like stability. Nobody is going to spend money if they are not sure if a stay at home order is going to be issued in the next month, and hence they lose their job, because the 12th wave of this thing hits and forces the 12th stay at home order.

I am sure there are people doing analysis of the effect on the economy of holding put for another few months (or more) vs. 2 or 3 years of periodic stay at home orders...hopefully the powers that be listen to whatever they have to say.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
He is definitely in a difficult position. There are still a lot of unknowns associated with this virus, but the expectation is that he knows everything and develop a plan that will work for 350 million people without a complaint. Then he has to explain the plan while standing in front of a room of people, whose job is to voice those complaints.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
All the models have been wrong!-Cuomo First 1 to 2 million then revised down to 100,000 to 200,000 deaths and only if we follow their orders. I not claiming I have the answers but with their predictions being sooooo far off we need new (other) scientist and doctors to weigh in on this pandemic.

I think we have two choices and we need to come to terms with them. One is to wait (lockdown) until vaccine is developed (14 to 24 months) and the other is to slow apply herd mentality and let the chips fall where they may. I know, I am heartless. Both choices have very serious consequences.

It will be very interesting to watch how Sweden's model works (or does not). They have taken a much more common sense approach and not scaring the hell out of all their citizens. If the world gets a second wave of this virus in the fall and Sweden skates by with few cases and ends up with a lower death toll and less damage to their economy and society.

May 20, 2016
I'm for it taking as long as it needs to take and using measures to not have a second spike. If there was it would be much more devastating than what is happening now as all confidence in the leaders would be gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802