Fauci Says there is a way sports (ie Professional Sports) can resume this summer.... this does not sound good for softball to return before fall...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 17, 2012
It's the beauty of "freedom". You're "free" to choose. The lack of "freedom" we've had lately is another topic for a different forum, and some of those decisions by state legislators have multiple, multiple lawsuits, adding more every day.

But America isn't truly free. You live in a society that mandates certain actions for the betterment of society. Your choices affect the other members of society (not just yourself).

Getting vaccines for various aliments (polio, measles, chickenpox, etc.) is mandated by the state in order to attend public schools. You don't get a choice. The vaccine isn't FOR YOU specifically (you can still get the various aliments) it's to achieve herd immunization (the betterment of society).

May 20, 2016
If your Governor or county health care official said is was OK to play friendlies/games on May 3rd, would you play? How about May 10th? May 31st? What is going to make you decide it is OK to play again?

Don't think throwing dates at it really is the way to go. Virus don't use calendars. Way i'll make my determination is how things look in my area, which is NY so will be very cautious. A lot of places outside the tri-state area closed down before it took hold in their area so i think there is a false sense of confidence. But that's just my opinion.

Mar 10, 2020
Question to all:
If your Governor or county health care official said is was OK to play friendlies/games on May 3rd, would you play? How about May 10th? May 31st? What is going to make you decide it is OK to play again?
Human guinea pigs will be the next testing sample.
Overflo of infection is the rate
hospitals can handle.
Not the rate of infection.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Last I heard, from the Local league that If restrictions are lifted, then league would start May 11. I'm perfectly fine with that personally. What is going to make me decide that its ok? My answer is that nobody has been completely isolated. We've all been in contact with each other on a daily basis. I'm still working, my wife works in Medical and she is still doing tons of customers for curbside, Which requires physical contact. Masks and Gloves do not prevent the spread of viruses. Especially if not used properly, which the vast majority don't use properly to begin with. Anyhow, The vast majority have been getting food through curbside and drive throughs, also delivery. Going to the store on a regular basis. Going to Lowes for example. Thats a funny one. On avg. in my area the local Lowes where my brother works, avg. 150-190 people per hour for roughly an average of 5-6 hours a day every day. Thats roughly 3500 people a week flowing though there all at once. Think about that, even with the incubation period, there should be tons of cases happening everywhere. LOL The point I'm making is that in reality we haven't at least in my town been social distancing as much as made out to be.
How dare you let the facts get in the way of feeling safe!

Oct 2, 2017
How dare you let the facts get in the way of feeling safe!

LOL, I'll say what I have stated here previously, I have no problems with person wearing a mask and gloves properly or improperly. That's their freedom to do so. Just as its my freedom not to wear a mask and gloves. I literally had a woman tell me, that people like me are the problem, being out without "Protection" on. That people like me are who needs to be staying home. My freedom is infecting other people. Never mind the fact that she is exercising her freedom to be out also while wearing "Protection" infecting others LOL

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2017
Thats assuming that Covid-19 is the sole cause of death. Which I have stated before, the classification of reason is being skewed. All deaths are being counted as Covid-19 regardless of cause. The case fatality rate for the 2017-2018 flu in the US was roughly 1.5-2%. The current fatality case rate for this is roughly 5%, but the number of people tested for flu is much higher, which drives the percentage down to 1.5-2%.

edit: I agree with the satement that those 2 made on the video that due to fear the amount of people going to get tested is low. After all you are told to stay in your homes.
Antibody studies in NYC suggest that 20% of their population has antibodies to Covid. That’s roughly 4 million people that have had Covid in NYC. With nearly 13,000 deaths in NYC, you have a death rate of 0.5%. The bottom line is we can’t calculate an accurate death rate going solely by the numbers that have tested positive.

Aug 20, 2017
Also, they stated numerous times that the Lockdown was to prevent hospitals froM being overwhelmed. In most places that isn’t happening. NYC is discharging more patients than they are hospitalizing at this point

Aug 20, 2017
Another study in the Bronx had 40% of pop has antibodies. As that number goes up the death rate goes down, way down

Apr 16, 2013
But America isn't truly free. You live in a society that mandates certain actions for the betterment of society. Your choices affect the other members of society (not just yourself).

Getting vaccines for various aliments (polio, measles, chickenpox, etc.) is mandated by the state in order to attend public schools. You don't get a choice. The vaccine isn't FOR YOU specifically (you can still get the various aliments) it's to achieve herd immunization (the betterment of society).
If you want to be specific, vaccines are not required to go to school, just public school. It's your choice to put your child in a private school that doesn't require them, or home school your child.

So you're going to wait till a vaccine is released before going out in public? Ok, your choice.

virus-cancels-constitution.png

Apr 16, 2013
Also, they stated numerous times that the Lockdown was to prevent hospitals froM being overwhelmed. In most places that isn’t happening. NYC is discharging more patients than they are hospitalizing at this point
Thank you! I mentioned this previously. THIS was the SOLE reason we were told that "lockdowns" were going into place. Doesn't anyone remember those charts they showed us with the peaks with and without lockdowns, and that little dotted line showing the nation's hospital capacity? The hardest hit places in the country did not see overwhelmed hospitals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish