Fauci Says there is a way sports (ie Professional Sports) can resume this summer.... this does not sound good for softball to return before fall...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 28, 2014
I also read wheresmycar's post. This was the first thing that popped into my mind after reading that post.

Ha ha !!! Exactly! It's as if they are programmed robots that don't look at the data and instead have knee jerk emotional responses that mean absolutely nothing.

Apr 16, 2013
Personally, knowing what we now know about how dangerous, or not dangerous this is (based on your age and health) I'm comfortable with allowing outdoor practices and LOCAL tournaments to start back. The key thing here is BE SMART! For one, around here, most parents bring their own chairs and don't sit right up on each other. Two, sanitize often. Especially with things like bathroom visits. After that, there's nothing you can do. You have to accept risk. Same goes for the flu, or driving to the field at 5am after I've had 3 hours of sleep. Life is risk, and it's 100% fatal 100% of the time. It's also a personal decision. If you're not willing to accept that risk then stay home. I don't mean that snarky like, I mean it honestly. If there aren't enough teams or players to make the local tournament happen, then it doesn't happen.

What I hear now is the age old political tool, FUD FUD FUD! Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt. Doesn't matter which side you're on, the FUD is thicker than this virus.

May 21, 2018
Wow, now if we just lived in a country where 46% of the adult population didn't suffer from hypertension and 40% are obese we would have nothing to worry about.

Mar 10, 2020
Wow, now if we just lived in a country where 46% of the adult population didn't suffer from hypertension and 40% are obese we would have nothing to worry about.
A third have hypertension could be 46% now.
Can you say McDonald$

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
The UN (authority) scientist (science) have predicted "warning that the coronavirus pandemic will push an additional 130 million people to the brink of starvation." And also said, "There is also a real danger that more people could potentially die from the economic impact of Covid-19 than from the virus itself." Think about that!

Apr 16, 2013
The UN (authority) scientist (science) have predicted "warning that the coronavirus pandemic will push an additional 130 million people to the brink of starvation." And also said, "There is also a real danger that more people could potentially die from the economic impact of Covid-19 than from the virus itself." Think about that!
I really don't want to get political here, but you really won't hear about it being widely reported that food processors are halting operations at an alarming rate. Some of this is due to world wide demand; but a lot of it is a massive decrease in restaurant demand . However, eventually, that's going to reach our own shelves. I'm not joking when I've started considering buying a garage style freezer, buying a whole quarter cow or pig and having a local butcher do his thing, then freezing it. Also, local produce.

Mar 10, 2020
Ongoing world issues like hunger generally dont reach the US news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06