Fauci Says there is a way sports (ie Professional Sports) can resume this summer.... this does not sound good for softball to return before fall...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 8, 2016
I really don't want to get political here, but you really won't hear about it being widely reported that food processors are halting operations at an alarming rate. Some of this is due to world wide demand; but a lot of it is a massive decrease in restaurant demand . However, eventually, that's going to reach our own shelves. I'm not joking when I've started considering buying a garage style freezer, buying a whole quarter cow or pig and having a local butcher do his thing, then freezing it. Also, local produce.
Unfortunately everyone else has had this idea. In my area small custom slaughter plants are booked up through the summer and taking bookings for fall. Even some small custom places that usually close for the summer are staying open all summer.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Apr 16, 2013
Unfortunately everyone else has had this idea. In my area small custom slaughter plants are booked up through the summer and taking bookings for fall. Even some small custom places that usually close for the summer are staying open all summer.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
My honest hope is that this is a boon for American meat producers. Sell locally, stay in business, and start forgetting other countries that lie and... nevermind, I'll leave it there.

There's a farm that I've passed by many times, headed up to VIR to race and even for some of DDs tournaments that advertise butchering their own beef, that I might just give a call to.

Mar 28, 2014
All of this is strange to me. People who have tested positive for Corona but died of an aneurysm or heart attack are listed with Corona related deaths

All part of the Deep State....Everybody is in on it right down to the hairdressers refusing to order orange hair dye!!!!

hummmmm............. pattar. looks like you need to back off from accusing people of being conspiracy theorists.

Jun 8, 2016
hummmmm............. pattar. looks like you need to back off from accusing people of being conspiracy theorists.

I don't see anywhere in that article where it says the people who did this were "anti-current president" other than the amusing, but unrelated to your premise , emphasis of the word "liberal" a few times..

That said it is of benefit to everybody involved that we get the most accurate data we can so they deserve a slap on the wrist for screwing up...

Last edited:
May 16, 2016
See if you can follow along. I said UNDER 60 WITH NO UNDERLYING CONDITIONS. You on the other hand show a chart listing ALL FATALITIES. You're comparing apples to bananas.

Clearly, the chart compares apples to apples. You want to compare apples to screw drivers, but only screw drivers with red handles.

Even using your cherry picked statistics (under 60 with no underlying), you have 9 deaths out of 1000, and you want us to believe that is less dangerous than driving a car? (FYI: Car accident fatalities: 11 deaths in 100,000).

May 17, 2012
Clearly, the chart compares apples to apples. You want to compare apples to screw drivers, but only screw drivers with red handles.

Even using your cherry picked statistics (under 60 with no underlying), you have 9 deaths out of 1000, and you want us to believe that is less dangerous than driving a car? (FYI: Car accident fatalities: 11 deaths in 100,000).

You have the patience of a saint.

Mar 20, 2015

Its worse than auto accidents but its not as bad as this statistic. US has 55k deaths in a couple of months with projections around 100k-200k. Auto accident deaths in 2019 was 38,000. So its worse by maybe 3 to 1 or 5 to 1 but not 100 time worse which the above statistic suggests. Of course is complicated because the number is affected by the amount of social distancing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA