Fauci Says there is a way sports (ie Professional Sports) can resume this summer.... this does not sound good for softball to return before fall...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I think the goal in MA this summer will be to test a lot and develop/implement a very good contact tracing system, so that small businesses can open (even a little) and try to be in a good place so that schools can open in September. Pro & Youth sports will fall into the "not yet" category.

Schools will be online in the fall. No one is going to go back to class until there is a vaccine. Putting 2000 or 3000 kids together with 200 or so teachers is a recipe for disaster. Most kids would be OK if they get COVID19, but not the teachers.

I seriously doubt that there will be a baseball season or a football season.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2018
Schools will be online in the fall. No one is going to go back to class until there is a vaccine. Putting 2000 or 3000 kids together with 200 or so teachers is a recipe for disaster. Most kids would be OK if they get COVID19, but not the teachers.

That is likely, too.

Jun 8, 2016
Gasso mentioned she would be fine with them playing college football in the spring...because she knows without a college football season there will likely not be much of a spring softball season.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Gasso mentioned she would be fine with them playing college football in the spring...because she knows without a college football season there will likely not be much of a spring softball season.
:) is Gasso now coaching football too?

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019

Ca. Governor Newsom commented "clues" as he spoke of what to expect.
Suggesting two sessions for schools to create distancing.
A. Early
B. Afternnon

Its complex considering getting kids back to school allows parent to go back to work.
Majority families chatting with already have one parent still working. Recognizing there is already some exposure. Good on line is being worked out. Home schooling was already an option. Daycares are open.
Tough conundrum.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
Yeah lots of coaches/teachers/administration sorting through this.
Yes, I was actually forced to pay attention during our faculty meeting on Friday to see if they said anything about what the plans are for classes in the Fall... 😂

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
At some point everybody needs to realize they have been manipulated (brainwashed) by the (fake) news and our political leader using this virus to divide the people. Make no mistake this is being spun to benefit political agendas. It is pitiful. In the USA, 38,000 people are killed in auto accidents annually and another 4.4 million injured too. If all the network news channels broadcasted 24 hours a day auto accidents with in depth stories of loved ones dying, families being broken, ect. for weeks on end we would be afraid to get in the car.

Car accidents are not contagious though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32