Fastpitch hitters

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
How about this one…

Nice float.
Hitter don't need to have such a long deliberate float but I like swings that do. They just look relaxed and unrushed with a sense of confidence.
Reminds how silly the instruction of "ball in the air, foot in the air." Different hitters have different tempos. I prefer the cue "when she (pitcher) starts moving, you start moving.'
I think more hitters would benefit from slowing down (starting earlier/ hanging longer) than wait to see the ball mentality.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Nice float.
Hitter don't need to have such a long deliberate float but I like swings that do. They just look relaxed and unrushed with a sense of confidence.
Reminds how silly the instruction of "ball in the air, foot in the air." Different hitters have different tempos. I prefer the cue "when she (pitcher) starts moving, you start moving.'
I think more hitters would benefit from slowing down (starting earlier/ hanging longer) than wait to see the ball mentality.

If you are hanging you're waiting to see the ball.

Jun 8, 2016
Looks like she anticipated an inside fastball was coming (looks like pitcher missed her spot..). Either that or she decided to simplify things after the whole team struggled most of the game.

Compare to this

YK8rZ8N.gif

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying