Fastpitch Attire

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 27, 2010
I've been watching some of the regionals this weekend and I miss the shorts that has always been fastpitch softball. Is there a reason other than "strawberries" that the teams have gone to the baseball uniform look.

Mar 15, 2010
About 3 years ago I started giving my teams a choice between shorts and pants. The votes have been nearly unanimous for pants. The girls tell me they feel they run faster without the sliders and that sliding is easier. This tournament season we are going with Mizuno pants with additional padding on the butt and double material on the knee.

Mar 13, 2010
LOL, I remember when the uniforms changed from pants to shorts. The exact same arguements were used by my team to go into shorts.

Its whatever the girls feel they look better in. I much prefer shorts personally.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
Same here. First couple of years I coached, the team had pants. All the girls hated it and wanted to go to shorts. Now it seems to be swinging back the other way. Eventually it will probably go back to shorts.

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
In college, I don't remember any team ever playing in shorts? Can you think of anyone? We see all of those girls in pants?

I don't care that much either way, honestly. The pants I have are just as cool as the shorts I own. Now, when your girls wear shorts do they wear long socks with them? I always wear long socks when playing a game to protect my leg, so with pants all I am really doing is covering up a couple of inches of knee since that is all that is visible in my shorts.

My rec team wears pants, my school team has shorts and pants. We wear whatever, depending on the weather.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I never wore a pair of pants, but there was a reason for it. Baseball pants do not fit women. In the last few years, manufacturers are making women's pants and they fit.

We used to wear our softball tans with pride, but protecting the legs from sun damage is good.

I encourage girls to wear compression pants and sliding pads, no matter whether they are in shorts or pants.

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
Agree, regardless of what I'm wearing I have on sliding shorts. I have a pair that I like to wear with my pants, and the rest of them are pairs that I wear with shorts.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Wouldn't surprise me if the FP SB pants v. shorts issue paralleled the fashion trend of wide v. narrow neckties. I don't know which style ties are in fashion currently, so I just wear what I like. However, I own and keep both styles cause it'll change again, and then again, and if I decide that its important to me to be lookin' hip and cool, I will be able to (as long as I can figure out which style is in). So what's hanging in your closet, more wide or more narrow ties?

Just wonderin - GM

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
We switched to pants a couple of years ago. At first the girls were saying "it's going to be too hot", ect... Now, they even wear practice pants for practice and don't want anything to do with shorts.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad