Facebook post re EC Bullets / Schnute

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 4, 2018
I'm talking about the adults...clearly, you're among them.

Yes, because I empathize with the children. I listen to their concerns and worries, and have taken them in, understood them, and changed my opinion on the matter.

Some girls are being put in a shitty place, feeling peer pressure from the team, the coaches, the parents... to say words they don't believe in or don't want to say, or else be ostracized. While I get that most will say "no big deal", well it is a very big deal to a few girls who simply want to play ball and be part of the team.

Not you perhaps, but there would be an outrage if a team had to say a Muslim prayer after a game. That wouldn't be tolerated. And I'd agree there too. Others would be less consistent.

Oct 26, 2019
I don’t have a problem with prayer if it is a private or club team and not affiliated with a school or place receiving federal/state funds. In many religions and for many people, there is no “it has no place here”. It’s who they are and ingrained in the fabric of how they coach. If I felt differently than the coach when it came to religion I would just find a team that better suited my family’s faith.

Most coaches and teams aren’t very considerate when scheduling team events around church services. Those kids have to find a team that fits them so it should work both ways. If religion is part of the coaching philosophy then the family needs to find a team that it isn’t.

To add: I don’t lead team prayers with my teams, but I will discuss my faith with kids and families who ask or who I know it is an important part of who they are.

Jun 8, 2016
D5Zi5Gt.gif

May 20, 2016
Some times people get way too caught up in things posted on the interweb and believe they are true just because it's on there. Not saying that this story is made up but a one sided second hand post is dubious at best.

Jun 27, 2021
Some times people get way too caught up in things posted on the interweb and believe they are true just because it's on there. Not saying that this story is made up but a one sided second hand post is dubious at best.
Usually somewhere in the middle.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Never seen prayer after the game. Usually before the game.
but, Towny9 got it right,
"In many religions and for many people, there is no “it has no place here”. It’s who they are and ingrained in the fabric of how they coach. If I felt differently than the coach when it came to religion I would just find a team that better suited my family’s faith."

Oct 26, 2019
What I think everybody is talking about is one team (typically the coach) initiating a group prayer between BOTH teams after the game has finished. I have seen this numerous times (although I have to admit I saw it more when the kids were younger..)
We did this when I played my one and only season of church league softball. I was ok with it because we were usually praying over the 2 or 3 major injuries that had been sustained by the church elders during the game we just played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad