Facebook post re EC Bullets / Schnute

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 15, 2013
Seattle, WA
I wonder how those supporting prayer with the coach on the field would feel if said coach practiced a different religion than theirs?
When we go down South with our West Coast Big City Elites team we’ll see how comfortable folks are when we ask them to drink the blood of babies and pray to Satan after the game. They can just politely decline, right?

Or can they?

May 20, 2015
When we go down South with our West Coast Big City Elites team we’ll see how comfortable folks are when we ask them to drink the blood of babies and pray to Satan after the game. They can just politely decline, right?

Or can they?

is adrenochrome on the banned substance list?

Sep 1, 2021
Never seen prayer after the game. Usually before the game.
but, Towny9 got it right,
"In many religions and for many people, there is no “it has no place here”. It’s who they are and ingrained in the fabric of how they coach. If I felt differently than the coach when it came to religion I would just find a team that better suited my family’s faith."
I feel like I see "prayer circles" after a lot of the college games I watch. IT often involves both teams.

May 17, 2012
How about we follow pub rules and not talk about religion or politics on DFP? I’m here to talk and learn about softball. There are plenty of other places on the inter webs to talk about those two topics.

I am always interested in the intersection of religion/politics AND softball. These are tangible things that I have to deal with as a coach. There is no better place to hear from other people on that subject than at DFP. I thought the conversation was reasonable and mature even if I don't agree with everything posted.

There are a lot of threads on DFP where I don't go ('Hitting Technical' is 90% hot garbage in my opinion).

May 21, 2018

Or can they?
Does that come in a Slurpee? 😋

Jan 22, 2011
I am always interested in the intersection of religion/politics AND softball. These are tangible things that I have to deal with as a coach. There is no better place to hear from other people on that subject than at DFP. I thought the conversation was reasonable and mature even if I don't agree with everything posted.

There are a lot of threads on DFP where I don't go ('Hitting Technical' is 90% hot garbage in my opinion)

Good point, but the forum rules probably have good reasons why “no politics or religion”.

The point has been made that some people are uncomfortable with prayer circles.

Last edited:
May 27, 2013
Good point, but the forum rules probably have good reasons why “no politics or religion”.

I think we break a few of those daily! 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06