Facebook post re EC Bullets / Schnute

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 27, 2013
Not to take away from the issue(s) at hand, and I hear stories about this happening all the time, but how do you not know you are pregnant?

Many moons ago when I was an ER nurse we had a teen come in who played field hockey up until the day she went into labor. She swore she had no idea she was pregnant. Her mom was a nurse and had no clue, either. She used to wear oversized shirts all the time so probably wasn’t obvious to any one (she had a tiny belly at full term when she came to us).

I do know that some females can still get their periods while pregnant. Or like others have said, some may have very irregular cycles, no periods due to hormonal birth control, etc. where they would think not getting it was abnormal to them.

That being said - after carrying 2 pregnancies to term, it is very difficult for me to imagine not knowing, especially when the fetus starts to move. When I was close to term you could literally see where a foot was pushing outward (and could definitely feel it!).

Another factor to consider is denial which can be a very strong reaction. Not saying that was the case here, as no two pregnancy experiences are the same.

I just wish the new mom all the best.

ETA: Let me just clarify - getting full blown, normal “periods” while pregnant is not going to happen. But there can be bleeding/spotting that can occur which might lead a female to believe they are still getting their period.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
Many moons ago when I was an ER nurse we had a teen come in who played field hockey up until the day she went into labor. She swore she had no idea she was pregnant. Her mom was a nurse and had no clue, either. She used to wear oversized shirts all the time so probably wasn’t obvious to any one (she had a tiny belly at full term when she came to us).

I do know that some females can still get their periods while pregnant. Or like others have said, some may have very irregular cycles, no periods due to hormonal birth control, etc. where they would think not getting it was abnormal to them.

That being said - after carrying 2 pregnancies to term, it is very difficult for me to imagine not knowing, especially when the fetus starts to move. When I was close to term you could literally see where a foot was pushing outward (and could definitely feel it!).

Another factor to consider is denial which can be a very strong reaction. Not saying that was the case here, as no two pregnancy experiences are the same.

I just wish the new mom all the best.
Yeah I wasn’t questioning that it happens because like I said you do hear about it from time to time. I was just curious about the circumstances that could make it possible. Consider me educated 😁

May 16, 2016
Illinois
After I had my children I went back to work. So by your statement "my first job should have been to raise my babies??" Who the hell says I didn't. Yeah you're right your comments ARE controversial and sexist and ridiculous frankly. Many millions of women have children and go on to do other things that fulfill their lives WHILE raising wonderful children. I have 3 wonderful children myself that seem to be just fine and I went back to work AND back to school after having them. I honestly can't even wrap my head around your statements I'm so dumbfounded. There is, in fact, time to do everything you want to do and MANY people have proven it - myself included.

Why do you care who pays for it? Why do you care WHAT her support system is? She has one. She SHOULD be allowed to succeed in life WHILE also raising her child and being a mother. I have many friends in this same EXACT situation and have made it work - even while going on to play a college sport. Their kids are wonderful human beings. Wow. Just - wow.

You went back to work, or did you go back to playing travel softball? You do realize that their is a difference, right?

Jun 8, 2016
You went back to work, or did you go back to playing travel softball? You do realize that their is a difference, right?
If the young lady has a good support system, in 2023 it is probably in the babies best interest for the Mom to continue with her education. If the best path towards that goal includes softball then continuing TB might be in the babies best interest 🤷🏽‍♂️.

Jun 27, 2021
If the young lady has a good support system, in 2023 it is probably in the babies best interest for the Mom to continue with her education. If the best path towards that goal includes softball then continuing TB might be in the babies best interest 🤷🏽‍♂️.
I agree, go play with another team/organization that wants you on the team. He stated you're not playing here, he didn't say you can't play there.

May 16, 2016
Illinois
The hell with it. Just have the parents raise the kid. You go have at fun softball darling. <<<<< You realize how azz backwards that is?

I agree that it is a good idea for the mother to continue her education. I do not agree with continuing her travel softball aspirations.

It is clear that there are people on this board that believe travel softball takes priority over raising a child. I find that belief to be embarrassing.

Jun 27, 2021
The hell with it. Just have the parents raise the kid. You go have at fun softball darling. <<<<< You realize how azz backwards that is?

I agree that it is a good idea for the mother to continue her education. I do not agree with continuing her travel softball aspirations.

It is clear that there are people on this board that believe travel softball takes priority over raising a child. I find that belief to be embarrassing.
I don't agree or disagree with that stance. It's just not my child so what they do is none of my business. I know what we would do as a family if it was our daughter or son who was in this situation. One of which is not putting it out on social media to have it scrutinized by message boards or social media opinions.

May 27, 2013

So let’s just say theoretically she has an offer to play for a school and the money being offered would cover a good amount of her education. Should she not take the opportunity to further her education at low cost if she has family at home willing to watch after the baby? Or maybe if the school was local to her where she could attend and still live at home? A JUCO school, maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00