Face masks

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 9, 2009
I heard this quote from a well known pitcher the other day, she was being interviewed during one of the college games and she was asked about masks... she said (paraphrasing)..."i'm not a fan of them, I feel like if you wear a mask then you are less likely to work hard enough to make sure you hit your spots and avoid leaving it fat and having a hitter drive it"....This is that bias we talked about and this was a really well known pitcher, I just forgot her name.

That may not be the dumbest thing I've ever read, but it's up there.

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
I heard this quote from a well known pitcher the other day, she was being interviewed during one of the college games and she was asked about masks... she said (paraphrasing)..."i'm not a fan of them, I feel like if you wear a mask then you are less likely to work hard enough to make sure you hit your spots and avoid leaving it fat and having a hitter drive it"....This is that bias we talked about and this was a really well known pitcher, I just forgot her name.

Geez......

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
That may not be the dumbest thing I've ever read, but it's up there.

I was floored, I wish I could remember her name. I want to say it was Chelsea Thomas but I don't think it was, it was someone of that stature though. I know that I instantly thought less of her...I guess that is why I can't remember her name.

Nov 4, 2013
In the city in which I live we have a top DII program and coach. I've been to numerous coaching clinics when the subject of masks comes up and she actually believes they are sexist. Her standard response is "we don't make our little boys wear masks while playing third base so why do we make our little girls?" My response is "why do we not make our little boys do it?"

Jun 9, 2009
I was floored, I wish I could remember her name. I want to say it was Chelsea Thomas but I don't think it was, it was someone of that stature though. I know that I instantly thought less of her...I guess that is why I can't remember her name.
The tortured logic some people will try to employ just to disparage masks is mind-boggling at times.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
In the city in which I live we have a top DII program and coach. I've been to numerous coaching clinics when the subject of masks comes up and she actually believes they are sexist. Her standard response is "we don't make our little boys wear masks while playing third base so why do we make our little girls?" My response is "why do we not make our little boys do it?"

hmmm SDSOFTBALL....top DII program....is this UCSD?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oconnell.patrick