Yellow batting gloves

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 18, 2018
Watching the Pitt game and a batter has yellow batting gloves. Got me thinking, is this allowed? I would think the yellow vs ball color would be too close.

Just curious.

Sent from my LE2115 using Tapatalk

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
A batter wearing yellow batting gloves is completely diff than a pitcher wearing a yellow fielding glove. There is really no
distraction for anybody if a batter wears certain color gloves.

Feb 7, 2014
I recall being at The Spring Games a few years ago and walking by a Rowan game... yellow tops, yellow bottoms, and yellow socks.

The whole point of going to a yellow ball was for it to be more visible - yes ?

Yellow on a uniform should go away.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
I recall being at The Spring Games a few years ago and walking by a Rowan game... yellow tops, yellow bottoms, and yellow socks.

A pitcher wearing yellow pants is nothing at all like a batter wearing yellow batting gloves.

Also, I don't believe batting gloves are considered part of the uniform. I know at least with NFHS, batting gloves don't have to conform to other uniform rules (colors don't have to match, etc).

Aug 1, 2019
MN

In football, too. You catch a glimpse on the corner of the tv screen of someone's gloves or shoes and it looks like a flag is being thrown on every play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619