Eyes Up (must watch)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 13, 2023
While I do embrace my religion and prayer I could not continue watching that video.
imo
Being a positive person,
regardless of religion,
is an essential tool, guideline, purpose and compass.
That said,
For those that do not subscribe to a religion-based mindset focusing on religion can be a deterrent.
For those that do subscribe to a particular religion other religions might also be a deterrent.

Believe what you want!
Please be a good person no matter what you believe!

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Going back and watching that video makes me question if Patti is proselytizing to these young women, or does she make it part of a recruiting pitch. Any coach who makes that a requirement will never get my girls.

Aug 6, 2013
Going back and watching that video makes me question if Patti is proselytizing to these young women, or does she make it part of a recruiting pitch. Any coach who makes that a requirement will never get my girls.
I had the same kind of feeling - it is something their program definitely focuses on and like I said - if it works for them then awesome. Other techniques work for MANY others. However, this is more something I would expect to hear at a Liberty press conference with Dr. Dot as coach.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
It's entertaining watching "adults" get uncomfortable with what gives a couple of the best players in the game their strength and grounding. They were both answering a question. You don't have to subscribe to their religious views, but perhaps you could react with a bit less snark and judgement. There are far worse things to center one's life on.

Jun 8, 2016
It's entertaining watching "adults" get uncomfortable with what gives a couple of the best players in the game their strength and grounding. You don't have to subscribe to their religious views, but perhaps you could react with a bit less snark and judgement. There are far worse things to center one's life on.
The snark from me is about somebody posting it on here and telling us it is “must watch”. I have no issue with the press conference itself.

May 13, 2023
If there is to be a religion based preaching/ protocol on a team,
It should be communicated that will be part of the program prior to anybody joining.

That said, if I were already part of a team and people were spouting about their individual religious beliefs, and at the point that it may become annoying, I would certainly have my point of view verbalized. Which simply may be
>you may believe and think what you want but it is not okay to force your preferences into my purpose for being on this team.

I would definitely say
to you the player/preacher
>>> you must find a way to be comfortable in your own skin knowing that I might disagree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles