Eyes Up (must watch)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
"Jesus saves! Oh, but Moses bangs in the rebound!"

Seriously, I am a huge supporter of the Bill of Rights, which includes freedom of speech and religion. However, once you start spouting it to me and forcing it on others, you've lost my support on this page. Believe in whatever god you want. Just do it in private and don't bring it on this page.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2016
"Jesus saves! Oh, but Moses bangs in the rebound!"

Seriously, I am a huge supporter of the Bill of Rights, which includes freedom of speech and religion. However, once you start spouting it to me and forcing it on others, you've lost my support. Believe in whatever god you want. Just do it in private and don't bring it on this page.
So then not so much the free speech provision.

Aug 6, 2013
I mean a good point is made - it is a game of failure. However, I am very sure there are many people who play this sport (and baseball) who are not Christians. How do they keep the "joy"? For them that is what works - obviously it is not the only thing that works.

For the record - I am Christian and I pray often that Haley gets a hit or makes a play..... my prayers are often unanswered and sometimes my "joy" is found in my Yeti. 🤷‍♀️

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
So then not so much the free speech provision.
I thought about how to respond without coming off as a jerk.

I am a free speech absolutist, when it comes to the provisions spelled out in the BOR. DFP is not the BOR, and the admins can restrict whatever speech they like, even if the government can't. I will support the original poster's right to say whatever he wants, but it doesn't mean I have to support their point of view.

Does that clear it up for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles