Eyes Up (must watch)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Does she recruit Christians only? Those 3 players seem to be pretty devout Christains.
I have no problem with her recruiting only Christians. It's her team. If she wants to field a team with players that have the same beliefs, God bless her.
It worked out pretty well for her.
Yeah, that would open them up to a huge lawsuit. She works for a public college and is bound by the same rules that any public employee is bound by. It would also be a violation of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

May 13, 2023
... even though civil rights act, there is still the underlying culture within programs.

(Comment not directed at OU)

May 13, 2021
I thought it was a wonderful statement on the convictions these girls feel, and how that fits into there softball life. Basically saying softball comes second as it should. Something I would show my 8 year old daughter. I would much rather she conduct herself in this manner, than most of the other females on social media.

Dec 11, 2010
Reminds me of the old golf joke/quote from Lee Trevino (who was actually struck by lightning back in 1975) -

“If you are caught in a storm and are afraid of lightning hold up a 1 iron. Even God can’t hit a 1 iron.”​

Everyone has heard the following one but it’s so good!

Lee Trevino was out mowing his front lawn, as he always did. A lady driving by in a big, shiny Cadillac stopped in front of his house, lowered the window and asked, "Excuse me, do you speak English?" Lee responded, "Yes Ma'am, I do." The lady then asked, "What do you charge to do yard work?" Lee said, "Well, the lady in this house lets me sleep with her."

Dude must be spectacularly fun to hang out with!

Dec 11, 2010
Going back and watching that video makes me question if Patti is proselytizing to these young women, or does she make it part of a recruiting pitch. Any coach who makes that a requirement will never get my girls.
Kinda doubt it. FCA (and another group I cant think of) are really active on college campuses, especially in the Bible Belt. A lot of players end up involved in churches, one of DD’s coaches hated it because going to church “makes you too nice” and that is apparently bad for softball.

Of the offensive things she has said openly to players, this one doesn’t rank very high, lol

All that being said, I really don’t know about Patti.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles