Everyone must sit

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 12, 2012
NorCal
16u is showcase age. During showcase everyone plays and that is why nobody cares what the score is. Wait until you DD verbals and she sits all the time to let the uncommitted girls show their stuff. Tourneys are different and I always told my kids: "when it's your turn to sit it's your turn to sit": "Do you think you are too good to sit?" I hope your DD is not taking your attitude about sitting out one whole inning.

Sep 18, 2012
A, A
No ego like I said we've played with a couple of teams and haven't seen it. But apparently you all have! That's why I ask. I love how people try to read more into it and throw ego in. Just asking if others have heard of it!! Lol people are too funny.

Another thing it does is ensure you have players ready for all contingencies. If you only ever play one shortstop and then she gets hurt you will be in trouble.but if you force yourself to put someone else in that spot now and then you're ready if something should happen.

Ultimately, though, players don't sign up to win trophies. They sign up to play. The trophies are a bonus. Most kids would rather play and lose than sit and win.

Couldn't agree with this more. Get girls PT for when the need arises.

I know a coach who does this and he simply states that every girl he picked was good enough to make his team and play at any given time so he plays everybody.

Sep 18, 2011
This thread has me scratching my head. "Everyone sits one inning" is rec ball, pure and simple. When my daughter first played travel ball she sat the bench for most of the first half of the season, and for good reason. I never complained and neither did she. Our fees didn't "guarantee" playing time. You're going to tell me that in bracket play of an ASA/USA qualifier, with the season hanging in the balance, you're going to take out your best player for an inning to be "fair"? I've never seen that in travel ball. At least not at the elite level. Sticks i think most of the posts here have been WAY out of line.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd