Estimating cost of used bats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 14, 2014
I'm looking at two used bats. One is a DeMarini cf5 balanced 33 inch drop 10, the other is a DeMarini cf4 insane 33 inch end loaded drop 10. Any ideas on how to estimate the worth of these two bats?

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I expect to pay $100-150 for a used bat that retails for $299 that is one or two years old.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
I hope you're saying $150 for the pair!

And even then, that's a bit high for me. They did at one time retail at $299, but that was 4 and 5 models ago. Plus they're used. CF's do hold up pretty well and most will get a couple seasons out of them. But keep in mind that every time a new model year get released, the price drops on older models.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Just because a model drops, doesnt mean it keeps dropping. There is usually a bottom point. No way you are you getting 2 CF's for 100 bucks unless they are VERY used and at that point I would pass on them. If they are used very well, you may be able to get two for 140-150. Especially since people have their favorites in the model years which stops the price from going completely in the tank. But if they are in anywhere decent shape, you arent gonna steal them.

The biggest thing to consider is use, because you are buying bats that are not returnable, so before you buy try and think what the bats have left in them and price accordingly from there. Sometimes this can get tough because people like to clean them nice before selling to hide some of the use.

A very nice, lightly used older CF model probably should be around what JAD said. Maybe the 125-150 mark.
It goes down from there with the amount of use.

Sep 29, 2014
For point of reference you can get a (2013)CF5 33in drop 10 on closeout bats right now for $139.95, it does not say blem or anything in the ad so I am assuming in the wrapper.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
For point of reference you can get a (2013)CF5 33in drop 10 on closeout bats right now for $139.95, it does not say blem or anything in the ad so I am assuming in the wrapper.

Go ahead and order...better make sure you get a CF5 then...haha

PS...
I will put a PS here so people dont get butthurt. I did not say you wouldnt get
a CF5 if you ordered from CO bats. I have no idea what his stock is in old bats.
What I said was call and make sure they are in stock because there
are stores out there that do what I just said. Its a warning before you just
crank out a cc number and order a very old bat off a site. Just give a call to double check.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2014

Go ahead and order...better make sure you get a CF5 then...haha

I have bought from them. They ship in the manufacturers box, the bats have been new in wrapper without blemish. They are listed on demarinis website as a vendor that sells bats under warranty. If I needed a cf5 that's where I would buy.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Never said there was a problem with them. Just make sure when you are ordering 3 year old bats,
that you are getting exactly the model you want and not an "upgrade" because they are out.

Many places out there keep old bats listed to get your attention even if they dont have
them. Then after you order, send you a newer model as a favor to you. Not really a favor
to you, but rather helps them clean house. For example, lets say a store has a ton of CF7's
left. They will keep old bats listed on the site. Then when someone orders, they send a CF7
as a favor because they are out of the old bats.
So, thats why I say to make sure when you are ordering a bat that is 3 years old and if
thats the exact model you want, make sure that is the bat you will get.

Just a thing to check into when doing so. Nothing wrong with doing your due diligence

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06