Estimating cost of used bats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 6, 2013
Coach James, are you talking about the grey ones? Cause those things are usually in the $500 range each. Been that way for a couple years now. I've been looking for a decently priced one for the past 2 years at least.

Feb 18, 2014
I didn't realize that the 2004 RT or the 2011 xeno were in the cf series. So I guess your are talking apples and oranges.

Feb 7, 2013
What is the longevity of a composite bat? For example, DD has a 2014 Demarini CF6 32/22 she has played with for about 12 months. She plays travel ball year round and probably has 8,000 swings on it (200 swings a week for 40 weeks). I'm thinking you need a new bat once a year? How much is her Demarini worth?

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
What is the longevity of a composite bat? For example, DD has a 2014 Demarini CF6 32/22 she has played with for about 12 months. She plays travel ball year round and probably has 8,000 swings on it (200 swings a week for 40 weeks). I'm thinking you need a new bat once a year? How much is her Demarini worth?

You don't need a new bat unless the one fails you. If the bat is hitting fine still, you are gtg. The amount of swings is diff for diff players and bats. Most new bats, you are lucky to get a year if used well. I will say, you are very lucky.

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
Closeout Bats is 100% reputable in my long-time experience with them. If Roy says he has a bat in stock, you'll get that bat. They don't mess around.

I'd be hard-pressed to buy a used bat sight unseen, or even if I could lay hands on it. You just never know what kind of abuse it's been through. It would have to be a "holy grail" type of bat for me to go that route.

Feb 7, 2013
Most new bats, you are lucky to get a year if used well. I will say, you are very lucky.

If there any objective way to know how many hits are too many or to tell if the bat is "breaking down"? Seems like its a gradual degradation that can't really be quantified until you swing a brand new bat after using the old bat for awhile and see a significant performance difference?

btw - DD will get her new CF8 (33/23) this Friday and will have a three game friendly this weekend. Very curious to see if she can feel any performance difference?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06