Equipment recommedation for 10u club player

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not.

No sarcasm at all....The Synergy SCN1B is one of the hottest bats still on the ASA approved bat list. In the larger sizes they can sell for $800 or more and they are durable. I have stopped buying my DD new bats and have started buying older composite bats like old Synergy's and Stealths.

Aug 11, 2015
Considering you can buy 3 of the Demarinis and still have change left over that doesnt seem to be too wise of an investment. You could get three different lengths/weights and have her set up for multiple years to come.

Jul 21, 2015
Considering you can buy 3 of the Demarinis and still have change left over that doesnt seem to be too wise of an investment. You could get three different lengths/weights and have her set up for multiple years to come.

Actually, it would be a great investment IF she can use it for a few years and then sell it for more than you paid for it as JAD mentioned.

Aug 16, 2015
So for her size, is everyone saying 30" may fit her, but it wouldn't last her long? Obviously, I want to get her something for this fall season, but would like it to last until the Spring unless she grows like a weed again.

So should I go 30 or 31? Consensus seems to say get -10 here on this post and others.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia

So 3 Demarinis that are depreciating are better than one Synergy that is appreciating....I hope you are not an investment advisor. Not to mention the fact that the Synergy will hit the ball father than any model Demarini of the same size/weight....

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
So for her size, is everyone saying 30" may fit her, but it wouldn't last her long? Obviously, I want to get her something for this fall season, but would like it to last until the Spring unless she grows like a weed again.

So should I go 30 or 31? Consensus seems to say get -10 here on this post and others.

My $0.02.....get the 31" and use a choke up if you have to give her time to adjust to the additional length/weight. If you buy the 30" you will be buying a 31" in 6 months unless your DD has stopped growing. Do not buy anything other than a -10.

BTW - if you buy the Synergy I recommended on EBay be prepared for half of your DD's teammates borrowing it in games.

May 24, 2013
So Cal

Based on the little bit we know about your DD, my best guess is that at 31/21 would probably be a good fit for her for the next few inches of growth.

Aug 16, 2015
I had my daughter swing the 31/21 and 31/20 CF8 tonight. The place I went did not have the Makos to try. I thought the 31/21 was hard for her to get around. Of course, the fast pitch was set to 55 and we didn't realize it. After the high school player was done they lowered it to 45 and she did better (they had 4 cages, only 1 softball). We then switched to the 31/20 and she had more success. I had her hit with her 30/18 as well which she hit the best with. It seemed with the 31/21 the bat dropped a little swinging in a loop instead of straight to the ball.

Maybe she's not ready for a bigger stick. I'm not sure. I have some swings videoed with her using the 31/20. Not her best but it was to help me judge if the bat was too heavy.

[video]http://www.wissearch.net/videos/img_2535.mov[/video]

Aug 11, 2015
Surprisingly one ounce does make a very big difference. That Easton thats mentioned above will definitely be too heavy IMO since they are typically over sticker by an ounce. I have a 4b (30/20) and its almost 2 full ounces over. I had my DD using it for a while but picked up a CF6 on the cheap and had her try that and it made a HUGE difference obviously. Like I said to me its a no brainer to pick up 2 or 3 of those CF6's that are on closeout and set her up for multiple years to come.

Aug 16, 2015
Surprisingly one ounce does make a very big difference. That Easton thats mentioned above will definitely be too heavy IMO since they are typically over sticker by an ounce. I have a 4b (30/20) and its almost 2 full ounces over. I had my DD using it for a while but picked up a CF6 on the cheap and had her try that and it made a HUGE difference obviously. Like I said to me its a no brainer to pick up 2 or 3 of those CF6's that are on closeout and set her up for multiple years to come.

Unfortunately, the 31/20 is out of stock per the website.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877