Equipment recommedation for 10u club player

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I had my daughter swing the 31/21 and 31/20 CF8 tonight. The place I went did not have the Makos to try. I thought the 31/21 was hard for her to get around. Of course, the fast pitch was set to 55 and we didn't realize it. After the high school player was done they lowered it to 45 and she did better (they had 4 cages, only 1 softball). We then switched to the 31/20 and she had more success. I had her hit with her 30/18 as well which she hit the best with. It seemed with the 31/21 the bat dropped a little swinging in a loop instead of straight to the ball.

Maybe she's not ready for a bigger stick. I'm not sure. I have some swings videoed with her using the 31/20. Not her best but it was to help me judge if the bat was too heavy.

[video]http://www.wissearch.net/videos/img_2535.mov[/video]

Which one did she like the feel of best between the two CF8s? You really can't go wrong with either, IMO.

Aug 16, 2015
She said both felt good. She liked the 31/20 better, but I think a lot of it had to do that she hit better with it.

I guess we weren't terribly happy with her Vendetta... doesn't have a lot of pop compared to when she hit with her friends 30/20 mako. It was just BP though and I wasn't throwing hard.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
She said both felt good. She liked the 31/20 better, but I think a lot of it had to do that she hit better with it.

I guess we weren't terribly happy with her Vendetta... doesn't have a lot of pop compared to when she hit with her friends 30/20 mako. It was just BP though and I wasn't throwing hard.

The Vendetta is a mid-level, very-light composite bat designed for young players. Many people find it underwhelming. It's performance is a step below top-level bats like the Mako, CF-series, Xeno, LXT, and Freak Black. My DD had a 30" Vendetta before moving to a CF6 31/20. For us, it served it's purpose.

Aug 16, 2015
The Vendetta is a mid-level, very-light composite bat designed for young players. Many people find it underwhelming. It's performance is a step below top-level bats like the Mako, CF-series, Xeno, LXT, and Freak Black. My DD had a 30" Vendetta before moving to a CF6 31/20. For us, it served it's purpose.

That's the move I am considering, and love the $95 price. Unfortunately, it appears they are gone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877