end loaded vs balanced bats?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 19, 2010
My 12yo DD "had" been using a 30 in Rocketech for the past 2 years. 3/4 of the way through this season (after 5-6 tournaments), she was batting about .390 and was lead off hitter with a good OB% as well. Half way through only one tournament and not getting a base hit, (ground out or pop out) the coach grabbed the bat and told her it was too heavy for her. He has been making her use a balanced bat (CF4) and her batting average dropped to under .200 and he now has her batting around 7th.

Respectfully, she does not want to dis-obey the coach and go back to the Rocketech and at this stage the season has almost come to an end. I agree with what has been plastered all over this web-site. It is not the bat that makes the hitter, but I sure believe it has a lot to do with what you are used to. Do not change in mid-season.

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
Hitter,Howard just posted about a student that just tried a brand new CF4 out of the wrapper and the results on another site. It was interesting how this end loaded pitch black effected her swing. Sometimes it is the bat, because of weight issues and how it changes the plane of the swing. This is a bigger issue with the female because of the carrying angle. .

Sep 3, 2009
Hitter,Howard just posted about a student that just tried a brand new CF4 out of the wrapper and the results on another site. It was interesting how this end loaded pitch black effected her swing. Sometimes it is the bat, because of weight issues and how it changes the plane of the swing. This is a bigger issue with the female because of the carrying angle. .

True, BUT... he was talking about two different model bats, both with different drops, made several years apart. Of course the swingweights of those bats are going to be different. But reading his post, he was trying to demonstrate to a student, how much affect weight can have on a person's swing. All bat's are going to have different literal balance points. A TRUE end-loaded bat, like the Anderson Rocketech, or the new Demarini CF4-insane edition, have weight intentionally moved more towards the cap. Really, the CF3 that Howard was talking about, is a balanced bat, but all balanced bats are not literally balanced dead center. Some bats are 'more balanced' than others, but will all vary to some degree. If they made a "true" balanced bat, we'd all be paying much more than the 3 bills we've come accustomed to. :p

Nov 22, 2010
Somewhere in Malaysia
I'm sorry for interupting.... I just want to ask a simple question. Do the lower bat lenght weight ratios mean either it is end loaded or balance bats? Let say we compare both Easton rampage which is -11.5 vs Demarini Bustos -13. Is it true that the Easton Rampage is end loaded since it's heavier and Demarini Bustos is balanced since it's lighter?

May 7, 2008
Tucson
No, zull. It is not the weight of the bat, it is the distribution of the weight. You can tell an end loaded bat by swinging it. In a bats description it will tell you if it is balanced or end loaded. Basically, I would stick with a decent -10 bat until your daughter really learns to hit. -13 is really light.

Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
Like Amy said exactly.

My duaghter has a CF4 and a Synergy in her bag. Both bats are 33/23. They feel nothing alike. The synergy swings much more like an end loaded bat. It is weight distribution and not the weight.

Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
Regarding the pros and cons. As I mentioned in the previous thread by daughter has a CF4 and a Synergy in her bag. She wanted to swing the CF4 because the Synergy felt heavier. I kept the Synergy as a team bat (I am coach) because I had a feeling once the girls started to swing the slightly end loaded bat the would love it. One by one they have all moved away from the CF-4 to The Synergy. There is something about it...when that bat that feels end loaded starts to move it just feels more powerful.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes