end loaded vs balanced bats?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

sru

Jun 20, 2008
Thanks guys. So that mean -13 bat can be either end loaded or balance depends on the design of the bat by the manufacturer, right?

Not typically. Most bats with a -10 drop or greater are balanced. Bats with a drop of less than -10 are ussually end loaded, this is not a clear-cut rule though. What is most important is how it feels when you swing it. Example, my DD's 33/23 Demarini CF3 Black swings lighter than her teammates 32/22 Easton Stealth Speed, however both would be considered balanced bats.

Nov 23, 2010
North Carolina
My GD changed teams for the fall season and her hitting really went down. I think the coaches were telling her the same techniques but were using different terminology. And the new team practiced so much and with school, she could not make time for her personal coach. During the last week of practice before a big tournament she started to swing a Rockettech. She is 5'5" and 145lbs rock solid 11 yo. She had no trouble swinging the Rockettech, as her level of swing actually improved and her head stayed on the ball better. The last tournament she hit an inside the park hr, two triples, three doubles and a several hot singles. I hope the Rockettech is what she wants to use because I was able to find her an 04, an 05, and an 09 at reasonable prices. But then again, it may have been all in the mechanics.

Jan 10, 2013
End loaded seems to get better results, although conventional wisdom for girls says otherwise.

Synergy moved some of the weight from the handle to the end just recently, so it feels heavier but swings great. Love it and so do my best hitters, but you could go down one ounce on it. Old Rocketechs just go without saying. Fantastic (and not composite even right?).

If you get into -13 and such, the bats tend to break (Just beyond manufacturing capability IMO). I don't mind the girls swinging slightly heavier because they need the upper body strength for the subsequent years and they often can handle it. Also because we tend to protect them

At the store, the salesperson told me the boys' parents all come in for bats heavier than the boys can swing and the girls' parents all come looking for bats lighter than the girls can swing. A feather does not hit a ball very far nor goes a heavy mallet.

I realize this is an old post, but excellent point.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceez12