Effective Velocity for Effective Pitching

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Green
Good point about guessing.....it's another part of baseball that has moved into high level fastpitch....we call it "sitting a pitch". I'll start a new thread on that in a few days.....should make for interesting discussion.

Pinpoint location, multiple movement pitches, and multiple speeds introduce a significant number of variables so that the odds of a hitter guessing correctly are very poor. DW's favorite thing about Maddux was the little smirk that sometimes was displayed after getting a hitter out on a batting practice speed pitch.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Pinpoint location, multiple movement pitches, and multiple speeds introduce a significant number of variables so that the odds of a hitter guessing correctly are very poor. DW's favorite thing about Maddux was the little smirk that sometimes was displayed after getting a hitter out on a batting practice speed pitch.

The best part about Maddux was that when you would see him around town with his glasses on, he looked like an average "beer league" softball player, not a future Hall of Famer...

Jan 25, 2011
Holy cow, no offense Rick, but I brought this up almost my first few times posting. My dd was doing her training at a facility that was associated with Perry Husband. I'm glad that you got the subject going. I felt that it was worth looking at in fastpitch, but I'm a nobody. I'm glad you posted about the evs.

Perry Husband has some great info and great publications out there in the baseball world....he even references fastpitch softball from time to time. He backs up his info with a ton of data so I believe his credibility is high. There is so much info in the baseball world that is directly transferable to the softball world....glad to see we are getting on board. Sometimes it seems in softball we try to reinvent the wheel and it ends up square.....:).
Nano, I've seen some pretty good posts from you in the past so keep it up.....we've got a lot of interested readers here on DFP.

Holy cow, no offense Rick, but I brought this up almost my first few times posting. My dd was doing her training at a facility that was associated with Perry Husband. I'm glad that you got the subject going. I felt that it was worth looking at in fastpitch, but I'm a nobody. I'm glad you posted about the evs.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01