Early bat speed - does it exist?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Don’t believe everything you read. Verify. Question. Verify some more.
What am I supposed to be questioning here? I am sure the 3-axis accelerometers used in the Zepp device undergo a verification procedure beforehand...or are you saying the actual measurement is EV and not BS?

Personally don't care as I don't measure that stuff anyway.

Last edited:

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
If you want to be a low level juco player, or

Don’t believe everything you read. Verify. Question. Verify some more.

Edit : it’s not like Zepp was dishonest with any of their marketing or advertising right?
Were they? I hadn't heard that, i think i heard that they were sued for having or using the same tech. But as far as showing hand and bat speed, not sure they would manipulate the data points. Not sure anyone would get anything out of that.

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
I only asked the question of early bat speed because i am curious what that actually is supposed to mean. Like Bobby is questioning in a prior post. If someone who says to get early bat speed is promoting the hand torque to accelerate the barrel faster than the hand, from this data i would question that. If it means something else, that is what i am trying to figure out.

Jun 8, 2016
I only asked the question of early bat speed because i am curious what that actually is supposed to mean. Like Bobby is questioning in a prior post. If someone who says to get early bat speed is promoting the hand torque to accelerate the barrel faster than the hand, from this data i would question that. If it means something else, that is what i am trying to figure out.
Like I said a curve from a known "handle torquer" might be useful in answering your question.

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
Ok so if the measurement is indeed at the end vs the barrel then barrel speed would be about 10% less.
I read that they measure on the "Sweet spot" or 6 inches down from end of barrel. Which is why you have to actually input your bat length and weight into the app so it calculates correctly. So it should be measuring - barrel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rosie