Dumbest Thing a Parent Ever Said!!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 8, 2009
New players dad to coach " DD has been ask to play and wants to play for team x " coach to dad " when will she be leaving" dad to coach " can't she play for both teams". This was in the same age group and both teams played in the same local organization.

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
HA HA HA

I have heard so many dumb things from parents; usually when their kid first starts to play sports. The only dumb things that I remember verbatum are the things that I have said.

Nov 29, 2009
2 months into the summer playing season. The day before a practice. A dad calls up and says Sally has a prior commitment.

The game and practice schedule had been sent to the parents for the summer at the end of February.

Before I start setting the schedule I send an email out to the parents asking them to let me know when vacations, graduations, weddings and any other big events are scheduled so I can try and avoid them.

The best one has been two weeks before, a parent says we'll be at our yearly family vacation and gives me the dates which are in the middle of the heaviest part of the schedule.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
I had a dad call me on Sunday morning of a tournament to tell me he was having trouble getting his daughter to wake up because she'd been out late at a Black Eyed Peas concert the night before. Two of her teammates had gone with her and both were there at the tournament.

I wanted to tell him "drag her butt out of bed and get here" but I didn't. Instead, that night I called to let him know that she was off the team. I hated to do it, but if that's all it meant to her I figured it wasn't a big trauma.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
We were over a friends house whose DD also played on our team. My DD and her two teammates were swimming in the pool when it started to rain. DW yells to the girls, "Girls! Get out of the pool it's starting to rain and you're gonna get wet!"

I looked at her and said, "Here's your sign..."

Last edited:

02Crush

Way past gone
Aug 28, 2011
The Crazy Train
We have found another team and want to play for you and him. We need everyone to be flexible.

Throws Strikes....(Like the pitcher really was only trying to throw balls)

Hit the ball...(like the Batter was trying to be struck out)

I know we missed some practice and a tournament due to vacation (one planned after we set a calender based on family's dates given for vacation) but why is it that my DD is playing less today?

Mom to Coach...My DD cried all the way home b/c she did not get to play her favorite position. Later. Coach to Player...I am sorry your were crying on the way home after the last tournament about not being able to play your favorite position. It was not my intent to upset you maybe we can work more on it and help you get better so we can try it again. Player to Coach....(Weird Look) I did not cry on the way home after the last tournament. Coach to Player...Well your mom told me this...Player to Coach. Not sure why!

In the middle of All Star Selections a Coach says, about her friends child, "I know she did not rate as well today as others but you should pick her because she carpools with three other players and is really good friends with them."

Feb 24, 2012
I coached and recruited at the college level for several years, and one day we were recruiting a really gifted short stop. She was number one on the list of the girls we wanted. We had been looking at her for months and were excited to talk to her face to face and meet her parents after her game. We gave our spiel about the school and the program...yadda yadda yadda. Finally we asked her and her parents what they thought and if they were interested in coming for a visit. The player, her mother and her father all yelled in unison "SHOW ME THE MONEY!". We left that day and never talked to her again. I don't care if you are the best darn softball player in the country...another school can deal with that attitude.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez