Don’t Pitch to Alo

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 5, 2016
Move the fences back and put in pitching limits and required rest days for all age groups. It is so common for teams to rely on a single pitcher day after day in the tournaments that it creates a disparity. More high level pitchers = better for the sport in general.

Little League baseball does a great job in this regard and it sets the tone for how pitchers are utilized..

Just for grins - Dolcini pitched 869 pitches in 10 games over 9 days.. CRAZY. Baseball pitchers will usually pitch in 10 games per month and total about 1/3 of the pitches.
The pitching limits in baseball are to prevent injuries, not make the game more competitive. While it is obvious that some off the pitchers in the playoffs are damaged (Dolcini, Hannah Bowen), it seems that the bigger problem with relying on one arm is that the opposition figures out the pitcher eventually.

May 17, 2012
Move the fences back and put in pitching limits and required rest days for all age groups. It is so common for teams to rely on a single pitcher day after day in the tournaments that it creates a disparity. More high level pitchers = better for the sport in general.

Little League baseball does a great job in this regard and it sets the tone for how pitchers are utilized..

Just for grins - Dolcini pitched 869 pitches in 10 games over 9 days.. CRAZY. Baseball pitchers will usually pitch in 10 games per month and total about 1/3 of the pitches.

Putting the same pitching limits on all pitchers is a horrible idea. We don't have enough pitchers the way it is.

Dec 11, 2010
Yes... many many run rule games in all conferences.
Fifth year players.
The portal.
NIL
Publicity that makes players willing to travel across the country for the chance to win a national championship.
Publicity that makes players work harder than they ever have.
Publicity that causes players choose softball over other college sports.
The attitude by young pitchers and their parents that if they aren't superstars by age 14 they should quit pitching.

There are a million reasons there is competitive disparities.

The current hitters at OK would still crush 40' pitching, maybe even hit it better when the junk has less distance to move. If 14 year olds can hit high speed short distance machine, 20 year olds can hit short distance live arm.

May 13, 2021

There are no multi million dollar contracts waiting for little girls when they get older, so most people involved in the sport of softball don't really care if little Suzie destroys her arm from over use injuries. Until people start caring about softball pitchers as much as they do for baseball pitchers you will continue to see posts on here and other social media sites of my girl threw 300 - 400 -500 pitches last Saturday. I seen one a couple weeks ago of a local girl that is 11 years old that pitched 6 games in one day. Then you have the people that say ahh that is fine it wont hurt nothing.

I would not however pitch to Alo I would pitch around her.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
Putting the same pitching limits on all pitchers is a horrible idea. We don't have enough pitchers the way it is.
Ha, you don't think that putting pitching limits on kids in 8u with mandatory rest days won't produce more pitchers??? It literally works just like that in baseball.

Practically the entire team needs to at least be able to pitch a little in big tournaments.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Fifth year players.
The portal.
NIL
Publicity that makes players willing to travel across the country for the chance to win a national championship.
Publicity that makes players work harder than they ever have.
Publicity that causes players choose softball over other college sports.
The attitude by young pitchers and their parents that if they aren't superstars by age 14 they should quit pitching.

There are a million reasons there is competitive disparities.

The current hitters at OK would still crush 40' pitching, maybe even hit it better when the junk has less distance to move. If 14 year olds can hit high speed short distance machine, 20 year olds can hit short distance live arm.
Great hitters will continue to be great hitters.
But at 40 feet at a matured upper age level will be better location accuracy and less reaction time and quicker decision-making for batters.
Just some reasoning from seeing the difference of how the game was to how the game is. And being able to see how batting averages jumped and grew.

When the increase of batting averages jumped easily +.100 points
From new rules and equipment

It would be okay to take that down
-.30 .-50 -.75

Years back
It's also something to note
that we didn't have 200 and 210 fences at all the ball fields we played at either. We often times played on fields that had much deeper fences. Like three hundred feet.

I do agree that a deeper home run fence would be beneficial for the game however that is a huge cost expense.

Can't help but say again the game has been designed to be the way it is today. Big hitters and all.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
don't forget better hitters in those reasons....
If that is true how would you explain batting averages changing immediately plus 100 points? Without the assistance of changes in the rules and equipment that would not have happened.

In other words without the changes in the rules and equipment (if that were not the reason batting averages immediately went up) they would have only marginally crept up over the years but that's not what happened.

( statistics have been posted before here on discuss Fastpitch about that topic and specific year that you can see where the increase has jumped immediately sorry but I'm not going to dig up posting that . Most specifically noticeable was when they introduced the yellow rocket ball)

Jun 8, 2016
What a joke you really try to toss that back in my face pretty lousy of you.

I'm very clear without ulterior motives in these threads. You're disrespectful.

Have specifically talked about softball the changes in it the direction it's going and that's the topic. Stop trying to make up more out of topics.
Ok no ulterior motives..my bad :rolleyes:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texas Red