Doesn’t sound good...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2015
You will go to Oklahoma city one time in July/August and realize why you will never go back. Games will get canceled due to pop up monsoon rain storms or it will be so insanely hot and dusty that you will sell your first born for a monsoon rain storm. There is also absolutely nothing to do outside of softball once you've gotten knocked out or have an evening free other than a quick trip to the USA softball museum. I've lived in the midwest all my life its freaking brutal in the summer.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Jun 8, 2016
YThere is also absolutely nothing to do outside of softball once you've gotten knocked out

You can come babysit for my 3 YO and 6 YO (Don't worry I will make sure the 11 YO is out of the house....) DW and I haven't had a night out in years :LOL:

Jun 19, 2016
You will go to Oklahoma city one time in July/August and realize why you will never go back. Games will get canceled due to pop up monsoon rain storms or it will be so insanely hot and dusty that you will sell your first born for a monsoon rain storm. There is also absolutely nothing to do outside of softball once you've gotten knocked out or have an evening free other than a quick trip to the USA softball museum. I've lived in the midwest all my life its freaking brutal in the summer.

Girls go swim in the hotel pool and the parents sit around and drink.

Apr 20, 2015
I agree with @ang2bmd above but would add this-

The OKC bombing memorial museum is something every American should do.
Yes I stand corrected. We did that and it was very memorable. We also got suckered into some crazy hot float down a little canal where we saw the corporate home of sonic.

Nov 8, 2020

Sounds like you're part of the tourism board there. Maybe staying home and playing in Huntington Beach/Irvine, sleeping in our own beds and going to the same old tournament after coming home from Colorado for a week isn't so bad

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
Why is that a rule and who made/enforced that rule. Here in NY there is no rule like that (i think). Most Travel teams with HS players voluntarily shut down during school seasons with younger teams still playing.
It's only a problem toward the end of the HS season. If you schedule an early tournament your HS players might not be able to make it if they have a team practice on the weekend, which is common. A player can always lie to their HS coach, but that's not something my organization is OK with. Some coaches will look the other way, or so I have been told. Playoffs are also a problem.

Jun 7, 2020
In Missouri we play softball in the fall. Practices start I believe in July. The state doesn't allow us to practice as a TB team while our season is open. Season closes and then we can have practices and do fall ball tournaments

May 4, 2016
Also in Missour, we start HS around the first full week of August, games start around Labor Day. As stated above no practice or games with TB during hs season. Usually can get three tournaments in afterward in the fall.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32