Doesn’t sound good...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 8, 2020
I dont trust the CIF Southern Section in California to figure things out. The public schools are going back to school 1 day a week for 3 hours and the students will be in one classroom on their computers the whole time. If they can't get the teachers union to get the teachers to teach, how are they going to get them to coach?

Travel ball has been hit and miss, some friendlies here in So Cal but any tournament the kids are going to play in have been in other states. So far we have been to Georgia, Alabama, Kansas, Texas, Arizona, Utah and Nevada to play in tourneys and show cases since July. California has been locked down. Soon as the kid graduates, we're out of this craphole.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Oct 15, 2013
Seattle, WA
Link? I don’t see any new Inslee announcements.

My girls have been playing twice a week in Everett, not tournaments, but double headers in “league play”. It’s a great format which I hope stays around.

Apr 9, 2020
New York Long Island is giving school ball a try with reworked conferences as well as condensed shortened season. school athletics did not start until January where they started with fall sports for two months now in winter sports for two months and then spring will start for same two months. allowing two family spectators per athlete, trying to discourage carpooling to away games etc.. so far previous seasons has gone off with few hiccups. for the obvious reasons but at least happy that they are trying to give the kids opportunity to compete on some level... best of luck o all and stay healthy. travel ball is still scheduled as seasons past to the big national tourneys thus far we will see as it gets closer and the numbers and mandates ...

Mar 10, 2020
I dont trust the CIF Southern Section in California to figure things out. The public schools are going back to school 1 day a week for 3 hours and the students will be in one classroom on their computers the whole time. If they can't get the teachers union to get the teachers to teach, how are they going to get them to coach?

Travel ball has been hit and miss, some friendlies here in So Cal but any tournament the kids are going to play in have been in other states. So far we have been to Georgia, Alabama, Kansas, Texas, Arizona, Utah and Nevada to play in tourneys and show cases since July. California has been locked down. Soon as the kid graduates, we're out of this craphole.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Yeah dont believe you at all.
Your a political broadcast waiting to be shut down yourself. Just leave.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
Yeah dont believe you at all.
Your a political broadcast waiting to be shut down yourself. Just leave.

What don't you believe? That he doesn't trust CIF to figure things out, that travel ball has been hit and miss, or that he's taken his kid out of state to play ball? Maybe you don't believe that he intends to leave CA? What?

What's "political" about it? Looks like some simple nonpartisan frustration that many are feeling right now.

Oct 4, 2018
Playing here in Georgia, where many don't believe Covid exists. I'm thankful my girls can play and we are careful. We wear masks in dugouts, don't participate in indoor practices, only do private lessons outside.

We've had many girls on the team get Covid, their parents have Covid, their grandparents have Covid. One grandparent in really bad shape (blood clots).

It's an odd feeling for me. I feel a bit hypocritical at times trying to be careful, wishing other players and families were as careful as we are, but playing anyway. I hope we're only 3-4 months from the country being largely immunized and things being much more normal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32