Does the nicer kind of bat you have help you hit the ball better?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 6, 2009
State of Confusion
I like softball. Should it be an olympic competition? Maybe not.
Neither should baseball.
Or Basketball
Or should Golf (coming soon)
Neither should 80% of the crap they have as olympic "activities" today

Baseball and Softball were "American" sports, of american origin. Except for the brits and aussies, rest of world pretty much hates the US. Thats why they were dumped. It took more than one vote to do that. could one vote have saved it? maybe temporarily. But for how much longer?

The whole charade of the Olympics has gotten ridiculous. Today, it is solely about making money. China has such an inferiority complex it sends tens of thousands of kids to special schools where they are raised and trained solely to be olympic athletes. Countries bring in athletes from other countries to be on their teams too.

I like softball. Should it be an olympic competition? Maybe not.
Neither should baseball.
Or Basketball
Or should Golf (coming soon)
Neither should 80% of the crap they have as olympic "activities" today

Baseball and Softball were "American" sports, of american origin. Except for the brits and aussies, rest of world pretty much hates the US. Thats why they were dumped. It took more than one vote to do that. could one vote have saved it? maybe temporarily. But for how much longer?

The whole charade of the Olympics has gotten ridiculous. Today, it is solely about making money. China has such an inferiority complex it sends tens of thousands of kids to special schools where they are raised and trained solely to be olympic athletes. Countries bring in athletes from other countries to be on their teams too.

If that's the case then America should have their own olympics because Team USA softball got a funding cut for not being an olympic team anymore. But there are millions of girls in the U.S. who would watch Team USA play in the olympics. I would be one of them. It is ridiculous the things they put in the olympics and I see what you mean about how it's solely about amaking money. The only 2 countries I know that love baseball is U.S. and Japan. But as softball grows and gets around the worl I hope that one day it will be back in the olympics and maybe I'll be good enough to be in it. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish