Does TB team matter for recruitement?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 6, 2012
So at what age is it a must to get your DD on a legitmate A level team. My DD (14) recently said she still has dreams of playing in college. At a recent HS volleyball game, a coach from one of the top ranked D3 Schools came up to us and said she heard we left our old team (she has had DD at clinics and said she is on the local girls to watch list). She said she was shocked but understood what was going on within the organization. She knew more than we did:)
She said that the team we moved to has a knowlegable coach, but not the talent, and we needed to go back next year. The team we went to always seem to be heading in the right direction..Rec champs, then C State Champs, then B State Runner up in a few short years. We'd have to travel farther next year if she doesn't want to go back to her old team which is hard with my schedule.

It is difficult to decide when the right time is. Personally, I would say once she is a freshman you need to get her to A ball. Find a team that has the philosophy, coaching, and cohort of players that your daughter can play with, learn with, and even, in some cases, learn from. As for traveling a long way, it's hard sometimes, but you can find ways to make it happen. We never traveled less than 90 minutes to a team once our daughter made the move. Not easy, lots of homework, naps, and meals in the car. But, it was a great time to bond!

JMO

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06