Does Dallas Escobedo crow hop every single pitch?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 14, 2011
Glendale, AZ
Seriously :confused:

Yes, the leadership of the NCAA Softball Umpire Improvement Program (SUIP) that was in place at that time were all "asked not to return the following year" after the fiasco with illegal pitching at the WCWS.

The ironic thing is that Ms Fowler had been called for illegal pitches several times during that season, but since the games weren't on TV , there wasn't as much uproar about it. The WCWS umpires that year were instructed to call illegal pitches at the direction of the NCAA (read: coaches). At that level, the coaches have the most input as to the rules and how the game is to be called. The coaches wanted the illegal pitches called....but only on the "other" team's pitcher.....

OMG that was the worst game I have ever watched...I DVR every game that comes on and have the pleasure to enjoy them at my leisure. THIS GAME WAS AWFUL FROM THE BOTTOM OF THE 1ST INNING!! I had to rewind it just to show DH and DD (RHP) how crazy it started. That pitcher got her A$$ handed to her--on national tv---

Then the announcers were like yea she played with all these girls on the Corona Angels! I was like really!!!
IMO--I wouldn't have went and played college ball in an area that the girls were used to playing against me my whole life. I felt bad for the kid, here 2nd start of the year and BOOM--gets her socks knocked off! I think if she was in a different state/conference she would have a better chance for getting her time in the circle. It's not like she sucked--they were just prepared.

Then the next pitcher who is a sophmore but never pitched a game (felt bad for her too) till now....threw in the 50's! She was sooo slow and well they couldnt get their timing down. I stopped watching after the 2nd inning. Will continue when I get home today.

That's why these schools should not just rely on that one ace anymore!! OLD SCHOOL!

May 31, 2012
Agreed. Teams need at least 2 pitchers. I hope my Gators make a splash at the wcws. Gonna watch va/ va tech next.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd