Do you attend your daughter's practice?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Wait, what's the last comment about not really enjoying watching her play?

Honesty?

You are right though, I did dominate this thread. Wasn't my intention, the conversation just sort of went that way. My apologies.

Finally, if reading my posts bothers you so much, block me.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Nah, I just felt like venting and was inside and couldn't throw my coffee....

And seriously, you don't enjoy watching your kid play? I know she's young and still developing as a player but surely, some pride and satisfaction as she improves never brings a smile?

Jun 8, 2016
And seriously, you don't enjoy watching your kid play?
Why would I say it if I didn't mean it..doesn't exactly put me in a positive light. I would explain, but like you pointed out, and I agreed with, this thread has already been too much about me.
some pride and satisfaction as she improves never brings a smile?
I am blind to it.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Why would I say it if I didn't mean it..doesn't exactly put me in a positive light. I would explain, but like you pointed out, and I agreed with, this thread has already been too much about me.

As the father of a pitcher, I definitely feel anxiety whenever DD plays. But I still enjoy it. Anxiety is just part of life. What it comes down to is how you manage that anxiety. Many people in today's society spend time in therapy and taking medication to help them out. Thankfully I never had to do that. The Yuengling Light and Captain Morgan did a great job of easing my tension back in the day ;) 🍻

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
As the father of a pitcher, I definitely feel anxiety whenever DD plays. But I still enjoy it. Anxiety is just part of life. What it comes down to is how you manage that anxiety. Many people in today's society spend time in therapy and taking medication to help them out. Thankfully I never had to do that. The Yuengling Light and Captain Morgan did a great job of easing my tension back in the day ;) 🍻
Post of the thread!! I used to crack up at my wife, when Anna was in the circle I used to watch my wife from the dugout, most times she would either be looking down at her shoes, or have her hands on the side of her face! I'd say what the heck is wrong with you?? She'd say "I just can't take it!" Anna pitching made her a nervous wreck regardless of how she was doing! When she was playing SS my wife was the loudest, happiest person in the stands! :rolleyes:

Parents who don't have a DD pitcher just don't know, it's weighty and stressful!

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Post of the thread!! I used to crack up at my wife, when Anna was in the circle I used to watch my wife from the dugout, most times she would either be looking down at her shoes, or have her hands on the side of her face! I'd say what the heck is wrong with you?? She'd say "I just can't take it!" Anna pitching made her a nervous wreck regardless of how she was doing! When she was playing SS my wife was the loudest, happiest person in the stands! :rolleyes:

Parents who don't have a DD pitcher just don't know, it's weighty and stressful!
Agreed..FP26 & Annasdad both nailed it as far as gametime goes. There have been many, many times with my twins running the battery where I just couldn't stand it and had to walk away or my wife would move her chair because of my muttering stuff (that honestly was not helpful), of course there were also many, many times were I was beaming with pride too. It was much more relaxing when they played CF or 3rd and I could breathe.

May 6, 2015
Re Pattar, I actually have a lot of respect for him. he realizes his issues, and is taking steps to try to minimize their impact on others. to me, that is pretty darn admirable, and sadly lacking in many today (before anyone assumes anything, not trying to call out anyone by this, just a very general statement of world today).

Oct 1, 2014
USA
try being the parent of a Goalkeeper in a sport that has them . . . . does wonders for your heart.
Ha, I coached girls lacrosse for a bit (which in and of itself was crazy but that's a separate story...nothing like the men's game) and my catcher DD of course ended up in the net. Stressful yes, but due to the faster pace of the game it didn't quite have the same effect on me as watching them in the circle, behind the dish or at the plate...

Dec 10, 2018
My 14u DD has an awesome group of teammates... and by extension awesome parents. We ALL go out to eat after games, Hang at practices, play corn hole (at practices and in between games) cook out, lake days, and weekend sleepovers with teammates. They all get along amazingly well as do the parents. We actually ENJOY hanging out with them and we all do it every chance we get. Matter of fact we're in the process of looking at taking a "team cruise" sometime this year (assuming they open the boats) You spend so much time with these people its really nice when everyone gets along and enjoys each others company.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying